Looking for PVM advice

KennethR

Hey Everyone,

So a big thing I am wanting to do that one I never really got into doing back in RS2 let alone RS3 with EOC is PVM. What are some ways to really practice and get better at PVM, I've seen some stuff saying Full Manual others showing a Revolution mix.

like right now when I last attempted helwyr, my issue was really getting damage out to him as I felt like I was constantly healing or trying to do the shield swap for his one phase so I felt very behind on the fight. Another thing that seems to really throw me off is i cant trust the HP bar over the character half the time especially in groups and its hard to really notice the bar on the Action bar is there any advice for that as when I seem to lose focus in the fights as I either keep looking at the bar and missing what the boss is doing or vice versa i don't notice my HP go 0.

I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback for this.

1 hour ago, KennethR said:

damage out to him as I felt like I was constantly healing or trying to do the shield swap for his one phase so I felt very behind

What does your action bar look like?

Are you using keybinds effectively or clicking letting revolution use abilities for you?

If you want to learn the fundamentals of abilities, I HIGHLY recommend you join PVME Discord and read the channel called #dpm-advice-melee. Start there. I'll send it to you on discord as well. 

8 hours ago, Wolf Eyes said:

If you want to learn the fundamentals of abilities, I HIGHLY recommend you join PVME Discord and read the channel called #dpm-advice-melee. Start there. I'll send it to you on discord as well. 

Send to me too!

Yeah, the pvm discord is helpful. More importantly, you need to get comfortable in your own skin. This means to get familiar with your combat skills, their specific associated abilities, and then arranging them on to your action bars while assigning them specific keybinds. This set-up will almost always be in accordance with your own preference. Be sure to take your time to get a feel for your set up and (if you ask me and some others) practice on a boss. After a bit, you will slowly get acquainted to your rotations and slowly begin to trouble-shoot any gaps. We have a lot of folks her who can assist with that type of trouble shooting.

However no one can do combat for you, if this is your goal. You have to simply do it. I want to encourage to take your time getting set-up and familiar with your abilities, even by name and what they do. Slayer is a nice and cool way to get familiar with such things. But again, if it's pvm you're looking into, then look into a boss. 

Consider too hopping on to our Discord and chatting it up in the evening hours. We often have experienced pvm'ers hanging out then and I'm sure they would all be happy to assist you as you are learning.