Slayer prefer/block list

Kate

I'm going to be working on 120 Slayer soon, and it made me curious. What is on your slayer prefer/block list? why? Do you prioritize money making or experience during slayer? :3

This is mine at present, I will likely be adding camel warriors to prefer list because I think they are a fun task. 
Gv5Gybk.png

52 minutes ago, Wolf Eyes said:

Camel Warriors a fun task?? :o

I haven't done slayer in forever. Mine are pretty not optimized 

Yess, camel warriors are fun! I know corrupted creatures are good for keys to the crossing, but what are elves good for? Was it just a task you enjoy?

3 hours ago, stepkate said:

120 Slayer soon

If you know anyone with 120/ a good chunk of pts they dont particularly care for you can cheese your slay tasks.

Have them invite you to a co-op slay group and  hope cape procs/they change their tasks.

Get gemstones or dragon cluster tasks.

Get sacrifice scrimshaws and do this:

https://youtu.be/HvOAe64QRPA

Id get rid of airuts/darkbeast/vileblooms/kalgs

Prefer rippers/demons/dragons/gemstones

5 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

If you know anyone with 120/ a good chunk of pts they dont particularly care for you can cheese your slay tasks.

Have them invite you to a co-op slay group and  hope cape procs/they change their tasks.

Get gemstones or dragon cluster tasks.

Get sacrifice scrimshaws and do this:

https://youtu.be/HvOAe64QRPA

Id get rid of airuts/darkbeast/vileblooms/kalgs

Prefer rippers/demons/dragons/gemstones

Hm, I don't know about the co-op slayer. I don't think I know anyone who can help me with that. I was in a slayer bingo and needed drops from a couple of those on my prefer list otherwise they wouldn't be on there. (dark beasts/kalgs). I've never seen the gemstones before thanks for the tip I'll look into it! ^^ I have also been meaning to prefer rippers, and they'll be much easier once I finish my pod. :D 

1 minute ago, stepkate said:

I've never seen the gemstones before

Do you have karamja (hard?) Diaries done I think its a req to get them assigned maybe (they were added just before 120 slayer was a thing and reqd you to pie to kill them :lol:

Nonetheless i have a few thousand pts and I dont mind helping in that regard if you catch me online.

Getting a chunk of blank binding contacts for rippers makes them great money and you can aoe them somewhat easily on legacy with some interesting gimmicks.

22 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

Do you have karamja (hard?) Diaries done I think its a req to get them assigned maybe (they were added just before 120 slayer was a thing and reqd you to pie to kill them :lol:

Nonetheless i have a few thousand pts and I dont mind helping in that regard if you catch me online.

Getting a chunk of blank binding contacts for rippers makes them great money and you can aoe them somewhat easily on legacy with some interesting gimmicks.

I'll have to check. I need them eventually for comp so shouldn't be too hard to go finish them. 

Thanks, that's very generous. It'll be a while before I start training slayer again, few weeks of Woodcutting left. :3

I Have so many binding contracts from tetras so I'm pretty set on those! :D

4 hours ago, stepkate said:

Yess, camel warriors are fun! I know corrupted creatures are good for keys to the crossing, but what are elves good for? Was it just a task you enjoy?

Elves are a very quick task of you do them a certain way. 

This guy Jo Nathan compiled several videos in how to do slayer tasks. Some are harder to do than others but it really helped me for 120 slayer.

But for elves specifically, if you melee them and use AOE abilities with aggro pots and vamp scrim, an entire task can be done in a few mins. 

Most of these methods are a bit sweaty but it's something for you to consider trying out if you'd like. 

There is also a list of slayer guides on PVME discord but I haven't researched it yet

Aaaaaand then there is @Fedal.  Though he just does Slayer....for the sake of Slayer. Probably nearing lvl 300 atm. :P

It looks like you've got some solid advice Kate. Good luck with getting to 120! :) 

Lists are somewhat personal but as a general rule, you wanna block the highest weighted tasks that you normally skip (higher weight = more likely to get the task) to save the most points in the long run. For example even if you don't do kalphites, they have such low weight that you'll barely ever get them, which makes them pointless to block over stuff like dark beasts (highest weight). Also Lania doesn't assign nechs or aberrant spectres so you can free up 2 slots there.

As for prefers it depends what you want really. What i can suggest is
-For gp: moss golems, nightmares, rippers (with contracts), edimmu, lavas, wyverns, soul devs, corrupted creatures, dragons (ed2)

-For xp: moss golems, nightmares, rippers, hydrix drags (ed2 strat is op), manifest shadows (in psd), mammoths, elves, soph dg

Personally i always went with gp/fun tasks. XP comes quicker when you don't think about it and just have fun:P 

Hope that helps:D

7 hours ago, Wolf Eyes said:

This guy Jo Nathan compiled several videos in how to do slayer tasks. Some are harder to do than others but it really helped me for 120 slayer.

Helped me a ton as well^ 100% recommend

21 hours ago, Wolf Eyes said:

Most of these methods are a bit sweaty but it's something for you to consider trying out if you'd like. 

There is also a list of slayer guides on PVME discord but I haven't researched it yet

Thanks! I'll check them out. I'll have to give elves another go. I wasn't very good at combat (still am not the best) when I first tried them but I imagine they'll be a lot easier now with all of the upgrades I've made since first trying them haha. I appreciate the help! ^^

13 hours ago, Fedal said:

you wanna block the highest weighted tasks that you normally skip (higher weight = more likely to get the task) to save the most points in the long run. For example even if you don't do kalphites, they have such low weight that you'll barely ever get them, which makes them pointless to block over stuff like dark beasts (highest weight). Also Lania doesn't assign nechs or aberrant spectres so you can free up 2 slots there.

As for prefers it depends what you want really. What i can suggest is
-For gp: moss golems, nightmares, rippers (with contracts), edimmu, lavas, wyverns, soul devs, corrupted creatures, dragons (ed2)

-For xp: moss golems, nightmares, rippers, hydrix drags (ed2 strat is op), manifest shadows (in psd), mammoths, elves, soph dg

I didn't realize the tasks were weighted but that makes so much sense! Thank you so much for mentioning that. I'll have to go back and get rid of the nechs and spectres too. I didn't have lania when I first blocked them. :3 

I prefer xp to gp, but nobody can really say no to gp. As a rule slayer isn't my favorite skill (i lamped 99 back when I was going for max ??) so I'd rather get it over as quick as possible. :'D

Here's a link to everything Laniakea can assign you along with the weighting! Super helpful when really narrowing down your block/prefer lists. 

https://runescape.wiki/w/Slayer_assignment/Laniakea

Personally, I like a hybrid of good gp and xp for my prefer tasks, so a lot of what Fedal recommended and what the PVME discord covers. Right now it's nightmares, lost grove, rippers, wyverns, dragons, corrupted creatures, soul devourers, and elves once I get all my quests done. If you add the lost grove creatures, I highly recommend to do the sweaty moss golem strategy with a cannon/aggro pots. If you don't have a high enough slayer level, you can boost with a wilder pie for six minutes, and you'll probably have the task done in 2-3 doses of that.

As far as a block list goes, I think it becomes even more of personal preference compared to the prefer list. Some objectively good ones to block would be black demons, ice strykewyrms, and steel dragons. The xp is awful and there's no money to be made at these monsters. You could add aviansies and greater demons if you don't want a reasonable excuse to go chase Kree/Kril logs at GWD1 every so often. You can add iron dragons if you want, but they have a somewhat low weighting. I just skip them whenever they come up! Dagannoths can be worth a block, but the dagannoth kings are actually decent money right now if you want to leave them off for now.

Hope this all helps, good luck with the grind!