Your Guiltiest Pleasure - TV Show/Movies

Mike 1

There's a lot of bad movies and TV shows out there - way too many to even consider.

Among all of the horrible, some just hit you with that feel-good energy, or perhaps you are too far in/hooked to stop?

What is your guiltiest pleasure in regards to TV/Movies?  

For me, it would definitely have to be the National Treasure movies.   Nicholas Cage!  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470adbbgpex14sxu4vp9

Lmfao

This is actually hard to think of, considering it has been a while since i've watched main-stream television. But maaaaybe something like 'Kitchen Nightmares'? 

As for movies, well, I find it fun to watch old classics. There's loads of historical culture bound in them and it's fun to think about how things were back then when making such films. The 1955 film "Marty" is an example.

5 hours ago, Mike 1 said:

For me, it would definitely have to be the National Treasure movies.   Nicholas Cage!  

My boyfriend and I once embarked on an adventure to watch every nick cage film ever made. Not sure if you've seen Color Out of Space, but it is definitely the worst film I have ever seen. ?

My personal guilty pleasure are the stereotypical Hallmark Christmas movies, you know the ones. They have the same exact plot but a slightly different actor/actress? ? Hello, I am the target audience.DQp0C-yUEAARShU.jpg

11 hours ago, Kate X0 said:

My boyfriend and I once embarked on an adventure to watch every nick cage film ever made. Not sure if you've seen Color Out of Space, but it is definitely the worst film I have ever seen. ?

My personal guilty pleasure are the stereotypical Hallmark Christmas movies, you know the ones. They have the same exact plot but a slightly different actor/actress? ? Hello, I am the target audience.DQp0C-yUEAARShU.jpg

Funnily enough my father in law is the same... and he's Jewish! He loves having the Hallmark channel on in the background all day while he's doing stuff. I get the guilty pleasure though - they are the same feel good / happy ending / everyone is a good person trope. The non-existent idealized world people fantasize about.

I'm more on board with Mike 1 though - I love the scavenger hunt nature of National Treasure. Sign me up!

Also, @AmusedDragon and I used to watch Arrow and The Flash. Super trashy fun rinse and repeat superhero tv shows. He may even still watch. :shhh:

1 hour ago, X5-452 said:

Lmao. How many can you watch in a row? ?

The limit does not exist! ? I truly believe I have seen them all multiple times. 

@RafiThat's hilarious! I agree though that's the draw! 

2 hours ago, Rafi said:

Also, @AmusedDragon and I used to watch Arrow and The Flash. Super trashy fun rinse and repeat superhero tv shows. He may even still watch. :shhh:

I've actually dropped most of the CW stuff at this point. Who knows, maybe I'll pick it up and finish it someday.

i luv milk T
On 4/6/2021 at 3:16 PM, Mike 1 said:

This is the way. Never understood the hate!

• 2 months later...

I always find myself watching the same shows I watched in high school/college when I can't find anything to watch. 

Gilmore Girls 

Gossip Girl 

Pretty Little Liars 

(You know, all the normal teenage girl shows)

How I met your mother 

30 Rock

And any house hunters because they are so out of touch with reality ?

I get flamed so hard when I get caught watching any of them again  ?

en4x5zx.jpg

This is actually a pretty stupid show, but still somehow entertaining enough to reel me back to it every now and then. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 7:21 AM, Kate said:

I always find myself watching the same shows I watched in high school/college when I can't find anything to watch. 

Gilmore Girls 

Gossip Girl 

Pretty Little Liars 

(You know, all the normal teenage girl shows)

How I met your mother 

30 Rock

And any house hunters because they are so out of touch with reality ?

I get flamed so hard when I get caught watching any of them again  ?

BUT THEY ARE SOLID GO TO'S

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, swhifi said:

Any murder mystery/horror shows or movies.

My gf hates when we watch Criminal Minds or Bones, because I have a 60%+ rating for predicting who the killer is within the first 10 minutes :P  Sometimes, so obvious!

22 minutes ago, Mike 1 said:

My gf hates when we watch Criminal Minds or Bones, because I have a 60%+ rating for predicting who the killer is within the first 10 minutes :P  Sometimes, so obvious!

Hahaha I completely understand this!