Rex Matriarchs Released

Rafi

REX MATRIARCHS

We're paying homage to the classics this week with the launch of a brand-new Combat challenge that's brimming with nostalgia. It's time to face the Rex Matriarchs... if you think you're tough enough, that is!

You'll go up against three respawning bosses. Each has a different strength to test your mettle, but also a different weakness to be exploited. Grind those kills and earn powerful rewards to boost your Combat playstyle, or maybe even get your hands on the iconic Laniakea's Spear - T90 damage / T75 accuracy is not to be sniffed at, plus, it'll give you 5% extra poison damage and +5% chance to apply poison when used. 

Veteran RuneScapers may recall classics such as Dagannoth Kings while new challengers will enjoy a brutal test of their combat mastery.

Note that access to Anachronia is required to take on this challenge. You can find more information in the announcement newspost.

So what are you waiting for? Grab your best gear and head to central Anachronia. The lair of the Rex Matriarchs awaits...

I probably won't be able to try them out until tonight or later this week, but let us know what you figure out about them and what you think!

I went to check them out, killed the melee one once and got the heart thing. Looking forward to going back later when I have a bit more time to try the other two.

1 hour ago, Windynights said:

I went to check them out, killed the melee one once and got the heart thing. Looking forward to going back later when I have a bit more time to try the other two.

You got one of the new rares first kill? Hella RNG right there! Have you sold it?

23 minutes ago, Rafi said:

You got one of the new rares first kill? Hella RNG right there! Have you sold it?

I haven't, wasn't sure what to put it in for.

Supply and demand. I guess people aren't chomping at the bit for these. 

Mechanically are they in fact pretty straightforward? Just higher hp/damage versions of DKs?

They are pretty easy with drops that I suspect wont be valued too highly (hopefully the spear parts stay like 10m+ each) but this is entirely what we suspected and were told we were gonna get in terms of difficulty.

1 hour ago, Rafi said:

Mechanically are they in fact pretty straightforward? Just higher hp/damage versions of DKs?

They got specs, but they are avoidable for the most part.

10 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

They are pretty easy with drops that I suspect wont be valued too highly (hopefully the spear parts stay like 10m+ each) but this is entirely what we suspected and were told we were gonna get in terms of difficulty.

They got specs, but they are avoidable for the most part.

Tbh the defense on them is a bit surprising to a lot of people I've talked to about it. Splashing with t90+ on a mid-tier boss is interesting. I splash less at nex.  :laugh: 

The spear is a bit niche in my opinion so I don't see it ever being super expensive. There are just better options out there for most situations. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, NepuNepu said:

Is the savage spear any good? I was thinking about buying one cuz it looks pretty cool.

It's basically a cheaper scythe/better than a scythe where you are 100% accurate with it and stuff can be poisoned.

I’ve used it to afk at Greg and rathis with a afk pr of 1:03 on Greg with t95 prayer and fairly basic perks on my melee gear. Has great synergy with the blood reaver familiar since every bit you heal makes the reaver do damage which is a chance to apply poison so you do gobs of poison damage with the spear+wp+cinders. Prolly not as strong as ripper with scrolls but certainly cheaper and still ok 

On 4/29/2021 at 11:10 AM, AmusedDragon said:

It's basically a cheaper scythe/better than a scythe where you are 100% accurate with it and stuff can be poisoned.

oh dang, gonna buy it then, gonna be a nice upgrade from dragon rider lance