Ranged gear

Nanaki47

So I just got to lvl 70 range. I'm currently using the red salamander but there are alot of new choices now, which should I go for? Nothing too fancy, I still don't have a great way to make coin?. Also using the royal dragon hide, is that my best choice for now?(72def)

Upgrading your armor to armadyl would be your next move. If you don't have much gp, it could seem a little pricey. Armadyl armor can get you through a lot of things until you start doing some mid-high level bossing. As for weapons, a super cheap option would be a crystal bow if you have the quests done. If you get into any gwd2 or higher bosses you'll want a crossbow though for bakriminel bolts, and I'd honestly just say wait until 80 range to make a royal crossbow. It's absurdly cheap, but requires you to be able to make it through a qbd kill. Also, a general rule of thumb is to upgrade your weapons before your armor just so you know!

I gotcha. I figured crystal would be the way to go, but I don't have the agility req or quest done. I need to get it done to replace my necronium melee weapons anyways so might as well get it done. Yeah I just bought the bandos armor so I'm not sure if I can come off with the armadyl just yet. Would the black salamander be a decent choice until I can get the crystal?

Black Salamander is fine until you can get crystal, the main difference is the salamander has less distance I believe and requires ammo. But damage-wise, you'll be doing the same. 

I definitely recommend you check out https://discord.gg/pvme, especially the upgrade path! Once you get armadyl, and black sallys/crystal, you may want to follow this as a general upgrade order :) Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 6.44.53 PM.png

Aye that's awesome! Thanks for sharing! Meeting goals is so much easier when you know what your shooting for haha. I really need to start working on prayer.. I'm such a cheap bastard though haha. And auras.. I need to look up a video or something on them because I'm not entirely sure how to go get them. 

PVME is goated. Everything you need to know about bossing is on there. ED3 trash runs are a good starting point for making some money and getting combat levels. 

To get the berserker variant auras along with the vamp and penance auras you have to kill bosses. Every kill grants you marks of war which you can trade in at the PVM hub. Camping gwd1 bosses is an easy way to get marks and you can make decent money at Kree and Kril. 

Oh okay I think I've tried the trash runs before, got my ass whipped solo haha. Damn so I need to start killing more bosses. So far I haven't really fought many. Killed the black dragon king, and the queen kalphite, but idk if they even count.