Frem saga teaser picture

Urza

http://m.facebook.com/home.php?refid=7#!/photo.php?fbid=10150275420101729&id=59261801728&set=a.450339386728.221054.59261801728&refid=13

From what the teaser picture shows there is going to be an interface to part of the frem sagas quest. I find this very interesting... Just a thought, but what if jagex incorperated a GUI interface for dungeoneering.

On a second note what if they made spell like heal other heal over time? So maybe every second the spell heals saaay 100 lp?

If both of these types of things are brought into dg i wouldnt be surprised if we had a pseudo-healer class (the healer class might see some action?).

Any thoughts?

Edited by Urza285

This isn't WoW HoT's would not work well with the combat system. That picture doesn't work, for me at least.

However a DG specific healer class would be nice, and a GUI would be really helfpul.

I don't have Facebook/can't view the picture. I'd be thrilled to have a healer class in RS, though.

I don't have Facebook/can't view the picture. I'd be thrilled to have a healer class in RS, though.

Wouldn't matter if you had facebook. He posted the wrong type of link.

Probably unpostable sorry im on my ipod. Considering jagex seems to do shallow ended content i wouldnt be surprised if they changed the heal other spell effect to a HoT type thing. If they can have te excalibur and overload potions do similar actions then they should be capable. Heck if they used both brain hemispheres they might find a way to uncorporate the magic bonuses to boost a players ability to heal more.

Let the WoWscape comments fly!

Theres a saying that says something along the lines of that if you got the formula right the first time then why change it?

Theres a saying that says something along the lines of that if you got the formula right the first time then why change it?

How is that in any way relevant

If someone else got the formula right then why not steal it?*

"steal" is such a horrible word in the MMO game business. Everyone steals something they'd like in yheir projects. I probably shouldnt talk much more on this.

"steal" is such a horrible word in the MMO game business. Everyone steals something they'd like in yheir projects. I probably shouldnt talk much more on this.

I think adapt is a more apt term to use. Pretty much every MMO is, at its core, more or less the same. You've got your leveling system, weapons, armor, quests. There's only so much you can really change within those things that doesn't make it look like you're borrowing some concept from someone. One of my favorite examples of this are the war game series Battlefield and Call of Duty. They're both major franchises, but how different are they really? In one game you can blow walls up and aiming is harder. In the other you can use kill streaks. That's about the only difference. In both games they use many of the same guns.

Pretty much, unless you're someone super talented and innovative, you're going to be copying someone's idea.

Will be interesting to see how it all turns out to be.

For the "stealing" other people's ideas, as a company Jagex needs to evolve their game and that will be done by taking parts off of other games. If you actually looked closely at each and every MMO game out there it all stems from DnD pretty much so in all actuality you should call it World of Dragons, Dungscape, and so on and so forth.

I think adapt is a more apt term to use. Pretty much every MMO is, at its core, more or less the same. You've got your leveling system, weapons, armor, quests. There's only so much you can really change within those things that doesn't make it look like you're borrowing some concept from someone. One of my favorite examples of this are the war game series Battlefield and Call of Duty. They're both major franchises, but how different are they really? In one game you can blow walls up and aiming is harder. In the other you can use kill streaks. That's about the only difference. In both games they use many of the same guns.

Pretty much, unless you're someone super talented and innovative, you're going to be copying someone's idea.

I completely agree with you and thats why i can't stand the world "steal." Thanks Jake!

If someone else got the formula right then why not steal it?*

Intellectual Property Police incoming.