There is a reason Zybez/RSC never gets listed on official RS site

Memphus

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/g=runescape/getting-your-fire-cape--fansite-guides

Oh look, another news article by Jagex, listing all the popular fansites, and Zybez/Runescape Community continues to not be listed.

Because of their history with keyloggers. Back in 2002/2003ish, Zybez had keyloggers in their "skill calculators" - I detected one myself, and haven't been to their sites since. I just shake my head and avoid any links to the sites when you guys post them.

IMO Gladz should move to the official RS forums - that clan world is way cooler, and they use the Clan Wars Arena rather than the "PKRI" format :P (back on my soapbox teehee)

I've used zybez forever >.> never had a keylogger from it lol

It's possible that they cleaned up their act, but I hold a grudge forever :)

Actually I don't visit ANY fansites, not even these forums, on the computer I play Runescape on. Use a seperate computer for this kind of thing.

As an ex-moderator of Tip.it for several years and currently a RSC moderator for several years, RSC have far better protection against hackers/keyloggers and a far more active moderating presence than Tip.it. In fact, Tip.it was hacked within the past year with all passwords/information being leaked so they definitely aren't more secure. The other fansites aren't even considered competitors to RSC - there's no clear competition and it's pretty obvious which one is the most popular.

P.S. RSB is fucking retarded. The only huge plus of having the GE meant that I never had to log onto that crap ever again.

it's funny because you make it sound like you know what you're talking about lol. and if you get phished from stupid links posted anywhere, you're just dumb.

Uh Bob, that really did happen. I'm not saying it still does or has for many years, but in the early days, it was a problem.

I'm sure things have been fixed from the past. Been using RSC for awhile, and haven't had any problems with it. Just don't click random links is all :D

it's funny because you make it sound like you know what you're talking about lol. and if you get phished from stupid links posted anywhere, you're just dumb.

Uh Bob, that really did happen. I'm not saying it still does or has for many years, but in the early days, it was a problem.

not denying that it happened. boycotting the site because of its history though, let alone 10 years ago? that's just stupid. hurrr gladz has been hacked multiple times, let's just shutdown our forums too.

everything and everyone is, and will always be, the same forever. remember that and you won't go far.

edit: nothing against you memphus bro luv you no homo

Edited by Gladz

Yes, leadership should base their decision based on something you found 9-10 years ago. Nothing has changed during that time.

iknowright????

<3

As others have said, I've used Zybez since 2003 and never had any problems. In fact, NO ONE other than myself has ever even logged into my RS Account in 10 years. So I honestly believe everyone that complains about being "hacked" is lying. You don't just get hacked, you have to make a mistake and click on a bad link or something in order to get a keylogger so you can't blame anyone but yourself if you do get "hacked".

As others have said, I've used Zybez since 2003 and never had any problems. In fact, NO ONE other than myself has ever even logged into my RS Account in 10 years. So I honestly believe everyone that complains about being "hacked" is lying. You don't just get hacked, you have to make a mistake and click on a bad link or something in order to get a keylogger so you can't blame anyone but yourself if you do get "hacked".

Read the first post again >_<

The owners of the Zybez site put keyloggers into their "calculators" on the site (similar to the calculators you see on tip.it, which tell you "how many platebodies to smith to reach x level") - this is a widely known fact by all who played this game back then, and is why Jagex does not acknowledge their existence and their website name continues to be the ONLY one censored in-game.

not denying that it happened. boycotting the site because of its history though, let alone 10 years ago? that's just stupid. hurrr gladz has been hacked multiple times, let's just shutdown our forums too.

everything and everyone is, and will always be, the same forever. remember that and you won't go far.

edit: nothing against you memphus bro luv you no homo

I can't tell if you are confusing my posts with someone else's or if you are accidentally putting words in my mouth because of a misunderstanding, but to clear the air:

- Your initial post in this quote block more or less reads to me that you were denying it ever happened, and that even if it had, you would blame the person who got keylogged, not the person who spread the keylogger.

- I responded that it did actually happen many years ago, but that it hasn't been a problem since then.

- You responded reversing what you said on your initial post, and then mocking me for saying that we should boycott RSC. Note that I never said we should boycott RSC, and have in fact posted on it since 2005 or something.