There is a reason Zybez/RSC never gets listed on official RS site

Memphus

it's funny because you make it sound like you know what you're talking about lol. and if you get phished from stupid links posted anywhere, you're just dumb.

Uh Bob, that really did happen. I'm not saying it still does or has for many years, but in the early days, it was a problem.

not denying that it happened. boycotting the site because of its history though, let alone 10 years ago? that's just stupid. hurrr gladz has been hacked multiple times, let's just shutdown our forums too.

everything and everyone is, and will always be, the same forever. remember that and you won't go far.

edit: nothing against you memphus bro luv you no homo

I can't tell if you are confusing my posts with someone else's or if you are accidentally putting words in my mouth because of a misunderstanding, but to clear the air:

- Your initial post in this quote block more or less reads to me that you were denying it ever happened, and that even if it had, you would blame the person who got keylogged, not the person who spread the keylogger.

- I responded that it did actually happen many years ago, but that it hasn't been a problem since then.

- You responded reversing what you said on your initial post, and then mocking me for saying that we should boycott RSC. Note that I never said we should boycott RSC, and have in fact posted on it since 2005 or something.

I think you misread my post. I clearly said "not denying that it happened."

And my original post was towards Memphus, not you.

As others have said, I've used Zybez since 2003 and never had any problems. In fact, NO ONE other than myself has ever even logged into my RS Account in 10 years. So I honestly believe everyone that complains about being "hacked" is lying. You don't just get hacked, you have to make a mistake and click on a bad link or something in order to get a keylogger so you can't blame anyone but yourself if you do get "hacked".

You can be hacked. People brute force passwords all the time I was a victim of this exact method just recently, it's possible so don't think it's not.

Edited by Damin

As others have said, I've used Zybez since 2003 and never had any problems. In fact, NO ONE other than myself has ever even logged into my RS Account in 10 years. So I honestly believe everyone that complains about being "hacked" is lying. You don't just get hacked, you have to make a mistake and click on a bad link or something in order to get a keylogger so you can't blame anyone but yourself if you do get "hacked".

Errm, if that is what you think you really need to reconsider your security.

As far as hacking RS accounts and e-mails (just to name a few) there is literally only a few small details about the person that they are targeting in which they need to know for it to be relatively easy to gain access to their account. This is not true in all cases, but in the vast, vast, vast majority it definitely is.

• 2 weeks later...

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/g=runescape/getting-your-fire-cape--fansite-guides

Oh look, another news article by Jagex, listing all the popular fansites, and Zybez/Runescape Community continues to not be listed.

Because of their history with keyloggers. Back in 2002/2003ish, Zybez had keyloggers in their "skill calculators" - I detected one myself, and haven't been to their sites since. I just shake my head and avoid any links to the sites when you guys post them.

IMO Gladz should move to the official RS forums - that clan world is way cooler, and they use the Clan Wars Arena rather than the "PKRI" format :P (back on my soapbox teehee)

RSC/zybez isn't listed on jagex's website because they refused to let Jagex be a managing partner in the curse network and wouldn't allow Jagex to have the final say on zybe projects.

Please know what you're talking about before you post such ridiculous nonsense like this again.

Thanks.