Diablo III - May, 15th. Yes, this year.

Mike

Yeah I did all that, that's how I found out that I don't have access yet. "No beta license" or something. The way my sleeping pattern's been means I probably won't be on until the morning :dan:

I have 30mb down but was getting anywhere between 2m & 500k for the download. I downloaded it twice cause I'm a genius. First time took about 20 minutes, second took an hour-ish. Must be your kooky Estonian interwebs.

Played through the beta twice now. Once as a Demon Hunter and the second time as a Witchdoctor. Witchdoctor's are somewhat OP. Snare + 80% movement slow, Leaping spiders & Dogs = Nothing ever gets close to you and you can go round looting while everything dies :dan:

• 3 weeks later...

how can you hotkey swap between spells and move at the same time with a controller? How can you spell swap at all?

consoles are so behind computers right now. They'd have to be developing for the next gen consoles.

I've played TONS of Diablo clones on console, and I LOVE them! I find they feel even better on console than on PC (haha, exactly what the Diablo 3 console designer said!)

Just an example of how they could map spells:

A, B, X, Y are 4 spells you set

Holding left trigger switches it to a different 4 spells you set (so hold left trigger and press X to cast that spell)

Holding right trigger switches it to yet another 4 spells you set, etc etc.

That is just one example of how it could be done. There are thousands of possible methods.