Guild Wars 2

Ethan

Pre order on April 10th! There's a couple different editions. Standard (why the fuck is this standard nowadays?) $59.99. Digital Deluxe is $79.99 and then the collectors edition is $150 from what I can tell. Collectors has a lot of cool stuff to go with it, though.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

I loved the shit out of Guild Wars. I've played WoW, Scape, and LotR for other MMORPG's, but Guild Wars takes the cake over them. I'd still be playing had all of my hard work not been deleted. I'm pumped to start up a new Necro though. That was by far my favorite class.

Doc of Death is the only other person I know who plays here. Hopefully there are others though.

moto plays it also

Thank you.

Yep, my main character (a Warrior) is named MotoX Champ as well so add me. I plan on getting GW2 when it finally comes out. I'm still waiting to find out if I will get Beta access or not. I got an email a few days ago saying they haven't sent the invites yet.

I say we start up a Guild in GW2 when it comes out. And we shall call it The Gladiatorz if that isnt taken yet lol. :P

Edited by MotoX Champ

moto plays it also

Thank you.

Yep, my main character (a Warrior) is named MotoX Champ as well so add me. I plan on getting GW2 when it finally comes out. I'm still waiting to find out if I will get Beta access or not. I got an email a few days ago saying they haven't sent the invites yet.

I say we start up a Guild in GW2 when it comes out. And we shall call it The Gladiatorz if that isnt taken yet lol. :P

I don't play anymore. I had two sets of obsidian and several other high priced armor and weapons spread across several characters, but then I stopped playing the game and gave my account to an old Gladz member and the fucker cleared my account. So I have no will to get everything back again when all of my characters only have birthday presents racking up. It's actually kind of funny, because I banned that same member for hacking another Gladiator in scape.

Fuck you for suggesting 'The Gladiatorz'. We're naming it something different. I'm not going to gallivant around Tyria with a Z after my guild name. Or a reference to a slave.

My computer cannot run Guild Wars 2.

I can play Guild Wars with fellow Gladz, though. Shoot me a PM with your IGN, and I'll shoot you a whisper in-game.

moto plays it also

Thank you.

I don't play anymore. I had two sets of obsidian and several other high priced armor and weapons spread across several characters, but then I stopped playing the game and gave my account to an old Gladz member and the fucker cleared my account. So I have no will to get everything back again when all of my characters only have birthday presents racking up. It's actually kind of funny, because I banned that same member for hacking another Gladiator in scape.

Fuck you for suggesting 'The Gladiatorz'. We're naming it something different. I'm not going to gallivant around Tyria with a Z after my guild name. Or a reference to a slave.

I was kidding about the Guild thing, the name is most likely taken already and I believe guilds from GW1 will carry over to GW2 but I could be wrong. And it doesn't matter if you're broke in GW1, money isn't going to transfer to GW2. Only your titles and sets of elite armor/weapons will affect your GW2 account. Titles, elite armor, ect. can be displayed in this thing they call the Hall of Monuments. It's like a trophy room for all of you achievements in the game. The more stuff you add to your HoM, the more free stuff you will for your GW2 Character. The only thing is it won't be trade-able stuff so you can;t make any money from it. It'll be customized to your character like armor is in GW1.

So yeah, there's still some good reasons to play GW1 but I can understand if you don't feel like playing since you got cleaned. I've been looking forward to GW2 for like 3 years now. I hate when people announce a game like 4 years before it's launch date. It looks like it will be awesome but I hope they didn't fuck themselves for making people wait this long for it.

moto plays it also

Thank you.

I was kidding about the Guild thing, the name is most likely taken already and I believe guilds from GW1 will carry over to GW2 but I could be wrong. And it doesn't matter if you're broke in GW1, money isn't going to transfer to GW2. Only your titles and sets of elite armor/weapons will affect your GW2 account. Titles, elite armor, ect. can be displayed in this thing they call the Hall of Monuments. It's like a trophy room for all of you achievements in the game. The more stuff you add to your HoM, the more free stuff you will for your GW2 Character. The only thing is it won't be trade-able stuff so you can;t make any money from it. It'll be customized to your character like armor is in GW1.

So yeah, there's still some good reasons to play GW1 but I can understand if you don't feel like playing since you got cleaned. I've been looking forward to GW2 for like 3 years now. I hate when people announce a game like 4 years before it's launch date. It looks like it will be awesome but I hope they didn't fuck themselves for making people wait this long for it.

I plan on playing GW2... I have EotN and such.

You can jump in this one, eh?

That is the one thing that turned me completely off the other one. No jumping = no fun for me.

Hmm interesting point, I never even noticed you couldn't jump in GW. I guess just because it wasn't really necessary. Little info is currently known about GW2 to be honest. They've managed to keep mostly everything quiet so far. I really hope I get that beta invite so I can try it out, take screens, ect.

You can jump in this one, eh?

That is the one thing that turned me completely off the other one. No jumping = no fun for me.

Hmm interesting point, I never even noticed you couldn't jump in GW. I guess just because it wasn't really necessary. Little info is currently known about GW2 to be honest. They've managed to keep mostly everything quiet so far. I really hope I get that beta invite so I can try it out, take screens, ect.

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-obrien-on-microtransactions-in-guild-wars-2

Here’s our philosophy on microtransactions: We think players should have the opportunity to spend money on items that provide visual distinction and offer more ways to express themselves. They should also be able to spend money on account services and on time-saving convenience items. But it’s never OK for players to buy a game and not be able to enjoy what they paid for without additional purchases, and it’s never OK for players who spend money to have an unfair advantage over players who spend time.

It's too bad my computer in its current state cannot run GW2

N33byoudead

Thumbs up! Im gonna be getting it for sure to i loved the first one i beat all the expansion and have 8 max characters with all elite Armour !

• 2 weeks later...

Do Achievement Titles transfer over through the Hall of Monuments? I don't have any items besides maybe some miniatures since I was cleaned. I'm not sure if it's worth dealing with since I don't think I even have access to the account anymore. How important would it be to get that back? I have all of the expansions.

I have EotN and some things in my HoM. But what in the world are you talking about "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"? I don't remember what that is.

I guess I might as well try and recover the account (again). I don't think that I'll start playing it again, though. I'm not too concerned with it. Thanks for the info and the offers, though.

Do Achievement Titles transfer over through the Hall of Monuments? I don't have any items besides maybe some miniatures since I was cleaned. I'm not sure if it's worth dealing with since I don't think I even have access to the account anymore. How important would it be to get that back? I have all of the expansions.

I'll paraphrase this as efficiently as I can:

The God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title carries over to Guild Wars 2

The only other titles you can obtain at the beginning of Guild Wars 2 (from your original Guild Wars adventures) are from the Hall of Monuments rewards

If you have all of the expansions, great. You can't access the Hall of Monuments without Eye of the North

I would try and get my account back, personally. Begin e-mailing NCsoft support right away if you can

If you really, REALLY want the Hall of Monuments rewards, then recover your account right away and get to work. If you need money and help, I'm available and I have an abundance of money I can lend. Well, not an abundance, but enough to start you off.

Oh, and the only way to get your Guild Wars 2 Hall of Monument rewards, or to link your character names and GWAMM titles over to GW2, is to somehow link your original Guild Wars account to the Guild Wars 2 one. I'm very unclear on that matter, actually.

How to

According to Guild Wars 2 developers, you will have the option of "Declaring your ancestor" to receive the Hall of Monuments rewards by linking your Guild Wars 2 game account with one Guild Wars game account.[2]

You will be able to link a single Guild Wars game account to your Guild Wars 2 game account by using a Guild Wars 2 in-game item.

Only accounts with the Eye of the North expansion and who have unlocked the Hall of Monuments are eligible for rewards.

After using the item, you will visit the Guild Wars 2 version of the Hall of Monuments, where you can claim your rewards.

This Hall of Monuments can be visited by any Guild Wars 2 character and as often as you like.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_monuments

Oh, and if you're really wanting to restart and get the HoM rewards:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_earning_Hall_of_Monuments_rewards

Like I said, if you're serious about restarting, I can help you out.

Here’s our philosophy on microtransactions: We think players should have the opportunity to spend money on items that provide visual distinction and offer more ways to express themselves. They should also be able to spend money on account services and on time-saving convenience items. But it’s never OK for players to buy a game and not be able to enjoy what they paid for without additional purchases, and it’s never OK for players who spend money to have an unfair advantage over players who spend time.

Considering that there will not be a monthly subscription fee to play the game, I have no problems with this. This will allow them to keep the servers up and running. They have micro-transactions in the original GW too. But just can't simply buy money or XP. It's stuff like extra character slots, cosmetic outfits, character name changes, and gender changes. None of which give you any advantage over other players.

Considering that there will not be a monthly subscription fee to play the game, I have no problems with this. This will allow them to keep the servers up and running. They have micro-transactions in the original GW too. But just can't simply buy money or XP. It's stuff like extra character slots, cosmetic outfits, character name changes, and gender changes. None of which give you any advantage over other players.

They put all of that into GW1? Nice. My Necromancer, which was my main character, looked dumb and had an even dumber name that I had to live with...

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals is the most prestigious title you can get in Guild Wars. You have to have 40 maxed titles to get that title.