Guild Wars 2

Ethan

GW2 PvP is amazing. sPvP is like every other RPG's fights. Much harder though and requiring more skill, though. But WvW is something else. Such a fun and wild concept. GW2 fights are just exciting. But if you don't know what you're doing, you're going to get chewed alive.

I'm starting to like my Necromancer a lot. I can easily take on a mob of 10+ using AoE DoT's. Flesh Golem is pretty sweet as an elite, but the Minion AI blows. Sometimes he won't attack anything, or he'll just run off and attack something that I'm not even close to aggro'ing. But he does ~500dmg a second, and takes a lot of hits. It's a good meat shield, considering the Necro's lack of defense.

I got to 60 on my Thief before I realized how much I love an Elementalist, even though it's the most fragile out of all of the light armor classes. Dagger/Dagger is SO much fun, even though I'm guaranteed to die frequently. Watching that video I posted between a Dagger/Dagger vs another Dagger/Dagger really got me interested in PVP. That fight went on for ~20 minutes before that guy started recording. 30 minutes for a stalemate, and a very aesthetically pleasing fight to go with it.

I'm still considering a server hop (before it'll cost me money), but I'm starting to feel bad. I went almost six weeks without logging in and was somehow promoted to the rank below leader in my guild during that time. :james: How active is your server during the night Ethan?

Also:

Norn Woman or GTFO. Dem titties.

I just reached 65, and am finding the server busier and busier. Yesterday I remember being shocked by how many people there were in a single area. We had about ten people doing a single event. We win WvW quite a lot, from what I can tell. I don't know what time of the night you're talking about, but it seems alright when I play (9-11 MST or something). I'm on Sanctum of Rall.

I hear you on that Guild thing. The leader promoted me to Senior Officer, after speaking with him once. And then the guild disappeared, so I switched to Sanctum of Rall and have been good with it ever since. You and Jade should get over here.

And yes, they made the females in this game look too... good. It's weird, but I'd rather play as some good looking female than a male. Human Necro and Norn Mesmer.

Jade refuses to hop servers with me so if/when I did the server hop I'll be coming solo. (Not that we ever play together, butthead. :hmph:/> ) The only reason why I want more people on a server is because I don't tend to play till late and my server goes pretty silent late at night. Soloing with a D/D Elementalist is pretty challenging at times. Especially for bosses.... ://>

I don't remember if I added you or not. Yesterday was the first time in six weeks I logged on.

Edit: I don't have you added. Do you still have my ID?

Jade refuses to hop servers with me so if/when I did the server hop I'll be coming solo. (Not that we ever play together, butthead. :hmph:/>/>/> ) The only reason why I want more people on a server is because I don't tend to play till late and my server goes pretty silent late at night. Soloing with a D/D Elementalist is pretty challenging at times. Especially for bosses.... ://>/>/>

I don't remember if I added you or not. Yesterday was the first time in six weeks I logged on.

What's your name again? I can't be bothered searching through the PM box.

Are you sure a Dual Dagger Ele is the best way to go around solo'ing? You need some health boosts in there! Assuming you're not grabbing gear with vitality and junk.

Bathtub Gin.2718

Edit: What the fuck... looks my guild on this server went kaput too. Which is weird, we had 212 members. It was a lame guild anyways... No on talked or did anything together.

D/D has great damage output but it's extremely vulnerable. You have to constantly be moving around like what you saw in that PVP video. Solo play is no different. It's challenging to play and you die a lot, but it's so much fun. I get bored with a staff/scepter. Try it out some time.

Theorycrafting is so fucking hard in GW2 because there is no "best way" to do anything in the game. Absolutely every class and build is viable for any situation. I love it. That is the best part of this game.

EoC kind of does that in Runescape. There is no "best way" to PvP now, you actually have to be smart and adapt to the situation. Probably why so many small minded people hate it.

• 1 month later...

What do you guys do with your 80's?

I got my Necro to 80. I've been doing a decent amount of Glacial Lodestone/material farming (I got 4G in an hour once), and Orr event farming (Penitent WP, Shelter WP, Jofasts WP, and Historian Fia event) for karma and loot. I've gotten 4G in an hour once at Orr, too, I think. It depends on if you get 2 or 3 Ectos from slavaging the rares you get. Both are easy and pretty fun (Orr is more fun). But in the recent update, they nerfed the spawn times of the Orr events, so they're not AS good anymore. And when I say Orr, I mean Cursed Shore.

I want The Bifrost, so slowly working towards that. I'm also going for Honor of the Waves armor set (it's Rabid, so great for my necro). Slowly working on Dungeon Master, as well. Slowly. Fractals are super fun too, if you haven't done them yet.

I'm also working on 100% map completion.

I want to make a new character, but I still like playing my Necro and want to complete it. I'm not sure what class I want to do next. Probabaly Warrior for the sake of dungeons. But they all sound fun to play...

With my ranger I spend most of my time (which isn't much :reporter:) in WvW. Also finishing up world completion and working towards a few weapon skins. My other 80s just collect dust.

There isn't much for level 80's to do that is specifically endgame material. PVP and WVW or work on completing everything in the game. That's why I regret power-leveling my Ele instead of enjoying the game and journey. I think I'd actually enjoy it more if leveling took longer as you'd have even more of the game completed by the time you maxed out. 

There isn't much for level 80's to do that is specifically endgame material.
There's quite a lot for 80s. Just not the traditional MMO raid format.

The dungeons are pretty cool I think. Fractals are even better.

sPvP and tPvP are the worst concoctions of a PvP I have ever seen, though. So god damn boring. I've already burnt out and I'm only rank 11! Maybe I should try it one something other than a necro though. And you can't join tPvP as a single roster, so you have to have a team to do it. I want my monthly!

GW2 is becoming a bit stale, though. I just hope that it's like GW1 where it just gets progressively better.

sPvP does suck, and as a Necro it really sucks. :P

Not really, I don't think. I've played 105 games of PvP, have 105 Top Player awards, and often get the most points in any game.

You just need to make your necro survivable. Rabid gear is the way to go. Toughness/condit/power. I have 22K HP with a very high toughness and can survive longer than most classes can. I don't think I've lost much on 1v1 duels. Death Shroud is pretty cool.

It still sucks, though. I'm sick of Conquest. The new map should be pretty cool, but they have to do more than tha

• 2 weeks later...

100% the world,

then 100% WvW

then either farm gold for your purple weapon, or WvW for fun (which also slowly earns you gold)

100% the world,

then 100% WvW

then either farm gold for your purple weapon, or WvW for fun (which also slowly earns you gold)

See I've just been farming gold before all that. I just want Khilbron's Set (I don't really want it, but the stats say that I do).

WvW I know nothing about, and just end up leaving and saying I'll look into it later every time I go into it.