Guild Wars 2

Ethan

Nice, Dirtbag. Very nice.

And Ethan, no. Items/Money are not transferred over.

Not available

Certain features will not be available:

Players will not be able to transfer the actual characters (in large part because the professions are not compatible).

Players will not be able to transfer items or gold.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

Which is a good thing, of course. I guess I'll just sell off the couple that I promised to some people and buy some nice armor again, then stick the rest in my HoM. Nice to see my maxed Sunspear and Lightbringer titles in there, though.

I'm like 3k away from max Lightbringer. I deleted GW, since my comp can't run GW2 anyways, I figure grinding the HoM is pointless.

• 2 months later...

Bought that shit months ago.

Picked up GW, but I'm level 8 and still have no idea what I'm doing.

Bought that shit months ago.

Picked up GW, but I'm level 8 and still have no idea what I'm doing.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

But how do you have no idea what you're doing? I feel like GW has one of the best tutorials around. There's a lot to learn and do, though. Which game did you start with, or do you have them all?

I just feel like I'm really fucking up my attribute points and choice of second profession, but that's part of the fun of a new game.

I have the first three.

I just feel like I'm really fucking up my attribute points and choice of second profession, but that's part of the fun of a new game.

I have the first three.

Well it's a good thing that you can change them whenever you're in a city. So don't worry too much! Especially with your second profession at lower levels. Just put it as Monk, and put a healing skill and resurrection skill in there.

Start a new character in Nightfall if you haven't. That one has the best tutorial. Prophecies and Factions are great, but tutorial wise, Nightfall has them beat.

Start a new character in Nightfall if you haven't. That one has the best tutorial. Prophecies and Factions are great, but tutorial wise, Nightfall has them beat.

I've been wondering how these "expansions" interact. Will my Prophecies character eventually be able to quest through Nightfall stuff?

I've been wondering how these "expansions" interact. Will my Prophecies character eventually be able to quest through Nightfall stuff?

Always.

One you get your Proph character to (I believe) Lion's Arch, you can talk to some lady there (I believe she's by the dock area). She should give you a quest called like Saving Kamadan or something like that. Hell I can't remember too well, but yeah.

You CAN even go back to the Nightfall tutorial island called Islan or something and "relive the events prior to your arrival..." and do the missions and that stuff.

I got the e-mail about GW2 coming out August 28th. Wish I could join ya guys, but have fun.

And if either of you need some money on GW, hit me up. I've got like 40e and 200k or something. Something like that. I can hook ya up cause I quit

I hate to be that guy, Doc. But I'm going to be that guy.

I quit GW and gave my account full of top level gear and weapons etc away, and then they cleaned it. I want to get back in the game, but at my level it's kind of daunting with no money (even to buy armor). I'd pay you back whenever you decided to come back, because I know you will.

@Jade, exactly as Doc said. Same thing for Factions and vise versa's this way or that way. So you can start anywhere and still experience the games in the same way.

I'll install it real quick (i gots the discs). Whats your IGN?

Heh...

X Blood Thirst X

Alright I'll PM you in-game once I get on. It takes a while cause you know how GW is with loading. Maybe 20 minutes

Also I really hope I didn't spend it all and don't remember

Edited by Doc
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought the game early specifically for beta access, and I've forgotten about it up until now. :jade: