A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

On 3/6/2019 at 6:25 AM, Nelllie said:

It looks amazing, can't wait! :D
I'm going to rewatch all of the seasons (H)

My wife and I started rewatching everything in January.  We're currently about halfway through season 6.  There was a day in mid-late January we were the most hungover we've been in 10 years and watched the entirety of season 2 - it was quite the jumpstart.  

You'd better get started if you want to finish by mid April.  I think there's something like 72 episodes to get through!

I wanted to rewatch, but logging into HBO Go has become such a chore I can't even be fucked. 

1 hour ago, Beric said:

I wanted to rewatch, but logging into HBO Go has become such a chore I can't even be fucked. 

Explain. 

Just now, Rafi said:

Explain. 

So, to start - none of this is HBO's fault.

Logging into the website prompts me to choose my TV provider, and then log in through that. Seems simple, but no! This TV provider is owned by AT&T, and it sends me to log in over there. I do so, and it throws multiple errors at me for no comprehensible reason. Google shows me these errors have been a problem for a lot of people dating back to at least 2014. I get on the phone with customer support, run through some basic trouble shooting, and then I am left sitting for over an hour on hold. At this point I realize there has never been any show I've wanted to watch this badly. 

started rewatching a couple weeks ago. about 2 episodes a night after work each day. halfway through 5 right now.

Jorrah just got grayscale and him and tyrion just got picked up by slavers. jamie and bron are up in the air in dorne and arya is trying to become noone!

Finished season 6 last night. Only 7 more to go. We definitely timed this poorly. I wanted to finish in the week leading up to the release, but how do you not watch 2 episodes at once? It’s like crack. 

On 3/9/2019 at 5:20 AM, Rafi said:

My wife and I started rewatching everything in January.  We're currently about halfway through season 6.  There was a day in mid-late January we were the most hungover we've been in 10 years and watched the entirety of season 2 - it was quite the jumpstart.  

You'd better get started if you want to finish by mid April.  I think there's something like 72 episodes to get through!

Lol i can binge watch it, don't worry, i'll make it in time! :D

Currently at s03e03! Watching got and afk'ing rs = great combo! 

10 hours ago, Nelllie said:

Lol i can binge watch it, don't worry, i'll make it in time! :D

Currently at s03e03! Watching got and afk'ing rs = great combo! 

For sure.  For a hot second I tried to do an ED3 while watching, then quickly logged out and put the computer down.  Afk'ing is the way to go.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am bumping this thread with nothing to add currently cause I am lazy.

Please put all spoilers in clearly labeled spoiler tags.

God I love this show.  First episode was such a great build-up episode lightly mixed with humor.  Tremendous amounts of action to come. 

I want all the episodes to be feature length though.  Enough of this 54 minute bullcrap. 

1 minute ago, Rafi said:

I want all the episodes to be feature length though.  Enough of this 54 minute bullcrap. 

For real. I don't see how this isn't going to start feeling very rushed, very soon. 

Spoiler

Also, can we talk about how goddamn dumb House Umber is? Their keep is the first you come to after crossing the wall, directly between Winterfell and the army of the dead. Did they think the White Walkers would just wave and pass them by? That all seemed nonsensical and too obviously set up just for that scene at the end. 

2 hours ago, Beric said:

For real. I don't see how this isn't going to start feeling very rushed, very soon. 

At least the final four will be 70-85 minutes each.