A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

4 hours ago, Beric said:
  Hide contents

Also, can we talk about how goddamn dumb House Umber is? Their keep is the first you come to after crossing the wall, directly between Winterfell and the army of the dead. Did they think the White Walkers would just wave and pass them by? That all seemed nonsensical and too obviously set up just for that scene at the end. 

Oh for sure.  Can't see that having been from the plan for the books.  Too contrived / illogical - felt very TV.  

What are the chances of Sansa and Tyrion deciding that they're still married?

7 hours ago, Beric said:

For real. I don't see how this isn't going to start feeling very rushed, very soon. 

I guess that depends on what you expect to happen in the rest of the show. What do you predict?

7 hours ago, Beric said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Bran is a man of few words, not telling them where the wall was breached, what a guy (Y2) Also you have that halfwit Sansa giving orders :thinking:

28 minutes ago, Veggie said:

What do you predict?

Reveal hidden contents

Bran is a man of few words, not telling them where the wall was breached, what a guy (Y2) Also you have that halfwit Sansa giving orders :thinking:

DEATH

Episode 2 has leaked, if anyone is too impatient to wait a few more hours for it to air. 

EP2 SPOILERS:

Spoiler

I enjoyed the reunions and banter this ep.

I still hate Danny. Danny is a terrible character who is also a terrible person. Also the writing they give her is bad as well. All she gives a shit about is the throne. I know she's going to die because of that. Now even Jon is a threat to her and she's gonna be dead because of it at some point.

I loved the scene where they were all drinking by the fire and Pod started singing.

Arya banging Gendry was okay.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:17 PM, Sansa said:

This entire episode was priming us for maximum heartbreak next Sunday. 

Completely agree. Total setup episode.  Some serious emotions were felt though!

Danny is definitely unraveling.  Sir Brianne seems like an easy target to pick off on the front lines.  I don't think they'll kill off Jamie as I think they'll have him kill Cersei in the end after Brianne dies. Tyrian may die as all hands seem to.  Perhaps in some heroic manner... or perhaps by Bron if he fell for Qyburn's crap.

Current possible love interests being set up:

Targaryen/Stark + Targaryen

Stark + Ironman

Stark + Baratheon 

Bran + Himself

But no one will actually produce a child with the Stark name unless Bran gets to business. It's kind of being set up for the Stark bloodline to take over the 7 Kingdoms, but for the name to completely disappear from Westeros.

We were also surmising that Arya may try to make a "dead" face to sneak close to the Ice King, and that it won't work. 

Spoiler
33 minutes ago, Rafi said:

But no one will actually produce a child with the Stark name unless Bran gets to business. It's kind of being set up for the Stark bloodline to take over the 7 Kingdoms, but for the name to completely disappear from Westeros.

Not necessarily. It is established in the world of the novels that a man marrying into a more powerful house may drop their name in favour of their wife's. Sansa as the Lady of Winterfell and Stark heir would almost certainly pass the Stark name on to her children. 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Rafi said:

Good point, it's only Targaryens from here on out from Aegon the Undying.

People for some reason think Danny only cares about becoming the ruler of Westeros and that Aegon is "in her way". She just wants a purpose in life, and that's all she has ever known. At first she wanted to go home, then she wanted to go home and rule, and now she is going to submit to a stronger, more just, more noble, more accomplished leader in Aegon. But it will be just as he did last season - reluctantly at first. It's entirely possible she dies and does that with her dying words.

We are about to have a purge of "minor" characters, plus maybe losing Bran. Battle probably starts off well but then there's a twist (just as every single battle scene from TV and film ever), main characters escape because they can't all die, minor characters die letting main characters escape. Probably Grey Worm dying in the crypts so that he and Ms. Sunday can have that cliche dying conversation moment - some escape out the crypts through some tunnels out of Winterfell, some by flying away on the dragons.

How did I never know there this thread existed. I now have other peoples to talk to because my wife does not care to listen to me anymore about my theories haha  :imhappier:

18 minutes ago, Medic Roby said:

How did I never know there this thread existed. I now have other peoples to talk to because my wife does not care to listen to me anymore about my theories haha  :imhappier:

Well, what are your theories for the last 4 eps?

2 hours ago, Medic Roby said:

2 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Well, what are your theories for the last 4 eps?

+1. Don’t forget the spoiler tags! 

Also, I heard today today that George specifically stated that no other author is allowed to finish A Song of Ice and Fire from his notes when he dies. Feels pretty dick to his readers for a guy in his 70s in the shape he’s in. Hopefully he relents.  :wilson:

6 hours ago, Beric said:

I'm not ready for this episode :jade:

I feels good not knowing what exactly is going to happen. I'm ready to be totally surprised.

20 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I feels good not knowing what exactly is going to happen. I'm ready to be totally surprised.

A lot of still images are leaking right now, so be careful out there.