A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

3 hours ago, Beric said:

@Memphus If this ends up being true, you get to rub it in our faces. 

Oh god I hope that's true, though I do have my doubts. Because otherwise, there is no way in hell that man is going to finish them before he dies.

6 minutes ago, Memphus said:

Oh god I hope that's true, though I do have my doubts. Because otherwise, there is no way in hell that man is going to finish them before he dies.

Same, and same. I want these books so badly, but I've long since lost any expectation that I'll see them. 

Bahaha I actually missed that one, and I check the subreddits pretty often (r/freefolk, r/asoiaf, r/gameofthrones)

That is great thanks for sharing

It could not have been worse. This show will go down in history as having the absolute most shit possible ending ever. Even the Sopranos black screen is a godsend compared to this, at least that was controversial and some people loved it. 0% of viewers will be satisfied with this finale. I feel sick to my stomach thinking of the decade I spent obsessed with it, my house is full of GoT merchandise... I need to lay down

15 minutes ago, Memphus said:

0% of viewers will be satisfied with this finale.

No one was ever going to be satisfied, let's get real about that, lol.

The ending was fine. I think they really botched the previous two seasons overall in terms of not giving them enough time to flesh out things, but for the most part I had no issues with the actual events that went down. They just needed more time to make it all work.

16 minutes ago, Memphus said:

0% of viewers will be satisfied with this finale

I am not a viewer. I am not a human. I am a vegetable. Dracarys.

8 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

The ending was fine. 

Are we talking about the same show here?

I would have been happy with a "dissolve the united 7 kingdoms, go back to all being independent" or something (ending the Targaryen era). Heck I even wouldn't have minded the obvious cheesy "Jon Snow on da Throne" ending. Maybe Bran on the throne will make sense in the books when properly fleshed out, but it makes absolutely zero sense in the TV show. Dorne and the Iron Islands are OK with bowing to him, while the North gets to split off and be independant? Two rightful heirs (Jon/Aegon and a legitimized Gendry) to the throne, but we'll ignore that. Jon rejoining the Knights Watch to watch for what? I could go on for a hundred paragraphs but fuck it if you actually aren't upset about this finale then I envy you. I actually lost a lot of sleep last night over it. I'm very shook.

Edited by Memphus
9 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

No one was ever going to be satisfied, let's get real about that, lol.

The ending was fine. I think they really botched the previous two seasons overall in terms of not giving them enough time to flesh out things, but for the most part I had no issues with the actual events that went down. They just needed more time to make it all work.

Agreed. I like the ending (mostly). I just dislike how we got here. And there are still so many unanswered questions and plot points....

I was fine with the overall bulletpoints, but so much of this season felt tv gimmicky hyper focused on rushed character arc development / closure and losing site of the world at large.

The episode was mildy acceptable trash (like the rest of seasons 7 and 8) up until the time jump to the noble's council. Then it turned into a high school play where the remainder of the plot was improvised by children. Should have just rolled the credits after Drogon melted the throne, and then I'd give the episode a 5/10 instead of a 0/10

12 hours ago, Rafi said:

I was fine with the overall bulletpoints, but so much of this season felt tv gimmicky hyper focused on rushed character arc development / closure and losing site of the world at large.

This is a pretty solid take.

Entertaining, no matter how you felt about the finale:

4 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Entertaining, no matter how you felt about the finale:

So much more uplifting than the epic music in the episode

Certainbuds

Bran: I can't be king, i can't be anything really i'm the three eyed raven

Also Bran: I'm here to be king

The fuck?