A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

If you have an interest in reading and the fantasy genre doesn't turn you off completely, you should definitely check out A Song of Ice and Fire.

This series has to be one of the most engaging and creative I've ever read. The writing style is superb. Pretty much all aspects of the series are amazing. The only negative (which is actually a positive in my opinion) is the length of the books. You're going to invest a lot of times into reading these books, if you choose to. They average to around a 1000 pages each. There are plans for seven books in the series. Currently, five have been published with no estimated completion date of the next two series. The the most important advice that I can give anyone who is reading the series is to not take long breaks between reading sessions. You would be surprised at how much you can forget if you pause and put your book down for a week before resuming. There is just so much detail in the books and a TON of characters.

Of course, we can't jump into this discussion about the subject without talking about the HBO series. Game of Thrones has been a huge success for HBO, pulling greater numbers than any other series in HBO history. The series (for the most part) is very accurate to the book. Of course, I can't give my personal opinion on this as I've only had the chance to watch random episodes here and there but from what I've heard/read, it follows the book very closely. If you have HBO (or the Internet), and find time on your hand, I definitely recommend the series.

Also, yes, I realize these books have been out for a while but I only recently joined the bandwagon :'(

The books are great. The show is very good. However, I've noticed a bit more differentiation as of late, which is getting me nervous.

I've watched the show since it started, but still have not yet read the books. Planning on it though.

The show is a fleshless skeleton by comparison.

Yea I've read all the books twice now and they really are captivating, thinking about it probably my favourite series to date :icu:

The 1st season was fantastic, season 2 has been a bit slow for the first 2 episodes but hopefully it will pick up

I've watched the show since it started, but still have not yet read the books. Planning on it though.

The show is a fleshless skeleton by comparison.

Especially those sex/incest scenes, I could hear GRRM mouth breathing quite heavily while reading. :ohemgee:

Already confirmed for season 3.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/10/game-of-thrones-renewed-3/

Edited by Porsche 959

Really?, So the quality of the show is getting worse? That's really disappointing. I thought that maybe HBO could pull it off (as best as possible) since it does make excellent mini-series. I hope that's just a biased opinion, Josh!

Really?, So the quality of the show is getting worse? That's really disappointing. I thought that maybe HBO could pull it off (as best as possible) since it does make excellent mini-series. I hope that's just a biased opinion, Josh!

I didn't make a value judgment. I was simply pointing out that the first two episodes of season 2 had more added scenes (scenes that weren't in the book) and significant changes than your average episode in season 1. Some people might like the new scenes. I don't, personally, but that's me.

The books are great. The show is very good. However, I've noticed a bit more differentiation as of late, which is getting me nervous.

I'm with you on that. Some of these new scenes are iffy and I hope they don't change much more. I'm glad season 3 is approved because I'm stoked to see the RW. They best not fuck it up or I'll rage.

I'm with you on that. Some of these new scenes are iffy and I hope they don't change much more. I'm glad season 3 is approved because I'm stoked to see the RW. They best not fuck it up or I'll rage.

RW was pretty straight forward. I'm not sure how they could, or why they would, fuck it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started a Dance with Dragons, I haven't seen any of Season 2 yet.

I hope Cersei dies in this one, she's a terrible person.

I'll take it that this is a no spoilers thread :pimp:

I figured as much :P

I'll take questions via pm if anyone would like, preferably about shit you've already read. I'd rather not spoil the story for anyone, even if they ask me to.

TV series: Where are Jojen and Meera Reed? FFS

Looks like they may have been excised. I know they aren't on the cast list for this season. It currently looks like Osha might fill their role.

• 2 weeks later...