A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

2 minutes ago, Ymesocool said:

I'm waiting like a fool to watch the episode on HBO :sadbanana: 

I've watched the last two leaks + again when it airs on HBO. Get to see it early and avoid spoilers, and later get to see it in full quality. Best of both worlds. 

On 8/21/2017 at 4:54 PM, Dan G said:

Richard Dormer's voice is like butter. 

Someone on reddit was saying that he should voice the audiobooks, and I agree 100% lol.

S7 FINALE STUFF:

Spoiler

I FUCKING KNEW IT. DANY AND JON BANGING, ICE DRAGON. JAIME REDEMPTION ARC.

Those Tyrion + Cersei and Jaime + Cersei scenes were amazing.

One thing I missed - was her nod for the mountain to kill Jaime or was it to stand down? Seemed like she meant yes but he decided she didn't really mean it.

I honestly give so little shits about Theon at this point and him convincing a buncha dudes to not go to an island and rape/pillage/whatever and go die with him seems pretty dumb.

Seems like the Hound and Mountain will fight before it's all over.

I fucking loved the scene with the dragon nuking the wall.

The littlefinger dying/being on trial scene redeemed that arc for me. I'm so glad there was no argument/fact finding between Arya and Sansa and that there was a 'twist' at his trial/execution. Clean ending to what I felt was the worse storyline in this season.

Jon finally being 100% show stated to be a Targ is cool but I wish he learned of it in this finale.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

One thing I missed - was her nod for the mountain to kill Jaime or was it to stand down? Seemed like she meant yes but he decided she didn't really mean it.

Didn't he draw his sword after she nodded? Read to me that she was simply trying to scare Jaime into compliance. 

The entire Ironborn plot feels extraneous at this point. 

Littlefinger's death was so fucking satisfying. 

LiquidSwords
6 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

S7 FINALE STUFF:

Hide contents

I FUCKING KNEW IT. DANY AND JON BANGING, ICE DRAGON. JAIME REDEMPTION ARC.

Those Tyrion + Cersei and Jaime + Cersei scenes were amazing.

I honestly give so little shits about Theon at this point and him convincing a buncha dudes to not go to an island and rape/pillage/whatever and go die with him seems pretty dumb.

Seems like the Hound and Mountain will fight before it's all over.

I fucking loved the scene with the dragon nuking the wall.

The littlefinger dying/being on trial scene redeemed that arc for me. I'm so glad there was no argument/fact finding between Arya and Sansa and that there was a 'twist' at his trial/execution. Clean ending to what I felt was the worse storyline in this season.

Jon finally being 100% show stated to be a Targ is cool but I wish he learned of it in this finale.

Her entire Mountain threat was a bluff and Jaime was not amused. My only regret is that he didn't grab Bronn on his way out

Theon and Jon's moment was touching, it's just what Theon needed. But as satisfying as it was to see Theon finally become the man he's always wanted to be, it's total bullshit that he's immune to kneeshots just because he's been Ramsay'd

The LF twist was coming. Everybody's happy but I'll probably be one of the few people to miss that character. It was crazy seeing him break down and beg for his life

Jon's confirmation, Jaime dumping Cersei, LF's death, Theon re-growing a pair, the death of the Wall. So much closure packed into one episode

Edited by LiquidSwords
On 8/28/2017 at 2:58 AM, Beric said:

Also, I feel the need to drop an obligatory: that ass, though! 

I agree with this. Damn.

Spoiler

I cringed during the end scene with Jon and Daenerys though, mostly because it is continuing what Targaryens have done in the past (of course unknown to them right now) and the reasoning why Cersei thought her relationship with Jaime was acceptable. I thought it suiting that his name be Aegon, perhaps he will become the next Aegon the Conqueror :reporter:

The dragon at the end melting the wall was so fucking great.

44 minutes ago, Linda said:

Hide contents

I cringed during the end scene with Jon and Daenerys though, mostly because it is continuing what Targaryens have done in the past (of course unknown to them right now) and the reasoning why Cersei thought her relationship with Jaime was acceptable. I thought it suiting that his name be Aegon, perhaps he will become the next Aegon the Conqueror :reporter:

The dragon at the end melting the wall was so fucking great.

I'm not suggesting any of it is acceptable but an aunt/nephew affair is a whole lot more reasonable than direct brother/sister. The Jon/Dany relationship is fairly cosmopolitan by Targaryen standards.

I'm disappointed that Littlefinger's gone, not that I haven't been wanting it for ages. He was just such an interesting character but I suppose, to streamline the show in the way they're intending, it makes sense to off him now. (In the same way that Varys' character has been as good as dead for a season or two now). The way he broke down in the final scene was something we really haven't seen from Aidan Gillen and I think he did an amazing job of humanizing the despicable Littlefinger at the only time it really didn't matter.

I think the thing I'm looking forward to most next season, excluding the obvious "where the story goes", is seeing Sam and Jon and The Hound and the Stark girls reunited. Their relationships have had the most realism in them, imo - excluding the whole killing malarkey obviously. Just their dialogue and mutual respect, whether admitted or not.

Fingers crossed for Tormund & Beric.

57 minutes ago, Dan G said:

Fingers crossed for Tormund & Beric.

I don't see them dying offscreen. They're running low on secondary characters they can kill off and have us give a shit about, should use them wisely. 

LiquidSwords
5 hours ago, Beric said:

I don't see them dying offscreen. They're running low on secondary characters they can kill off and have us give a shit about, should use them wisely. 

I'm surprised one or both didn't die North of the Wall, was sure we'd lose them during the crashing of the Wall too. Guess all deaths are being saved for next season

• 1 year later...

Reawakening this topic - 6 weeks out from season 7 - the final one!

My wife and I just took the linked reddit quiz on who will survive: