A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

• 2 weeks later...

having a break so i can read all the hunger games books though!

First is overrated and the third is terrible. Put them down and go back to ASoIaF :reporter:

Edited by Joshjrn
  • 6 months later...

I've been in 14-year-old-girl-in-range-of-Justin-Beiber mode since last week. This had better not suck! Also needs to be slower than last season.

I've been in 14-year-old-girl-in-range-of-Justin-Beiber mode since last week. This had better not suck! Also needs to be slower than last season.

Book 3 will be in 2 seasons I believe.

>Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere

RW anyone?

It was good. There was like 20 seconds of boobs.

I never understood why people get upset when a movie/show differs from the source material.

i tried watching the first GoT episode. Got like 20 minutes into it and cut it off. Should I try watching again? 

If you have any patience for reading I'd suggest doing the books first.

I honestly can't stand watching a TV show or movie with people who have read the source material. It completely ruins the experience hearing them whine and complain through the whole thing about how they "did this different in the book", or "the book did it better". OF COURSE you aren't going to get as much detail on screen as you get in a book, they are two completely different mediums. I don't complain about the Marvel movies being different from the original comics! Sheesh.

I'd say watch the show first, then read after to go more in depth. Otherwise you ruin the movie/show for yourself.

Edited by Memphus

There are many moments in the story that really pack a punch and feel somewhat lessened in the format of a TV show. Which is why I'd suggest reading first. You won't ruin the show for yourself. Great writing, great acting, and done well all-around. It's the perfect love letter to a great novel series.

It's definitely my favorite show on TV and it's definitely my favorite book series... I'd second Jade's recommendation of reading the books. 

Also, plenty of people enjoy both the books and the series. The two are definitely different but I'd bet you'd love both for their similarities and differences... The transition to screen is very interesting and well done.

Halfway through on the 5th book. A dance with dragons. I guess season 3 premiered on hbo last night so I cant wait to catch up on that. Was looking at the order of the books in my book and it seems that book 3 was split in two parts... so did I miss a book?

Halfway through on the 5th book. A dance with dragons. I guess season 3 premiered on hbo last night so I cant wait to catch up on that. Was looking at the order of the books in my book and it seems that book 3 was split in two parts... so did I miss a book?

The third book is being split into two seasons of the television show.

The 4th and 5th books take place at the same time chronologically, they are seperated geographically.