A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Tristan said:

Ghost is apparently alive as well

:shrug:

Yeah, I can't believe they couldn't spare 30 seconds to show us Ghost running back and/or the dragon not being dead. But hey! 

Also, seeing Ghost in motion made me realize why they don't show him much. That genuinely looked awful. 

I feel this post on reddit summarizes how I feel about the episode, especially after reading some of your comments here :pipe:

Minus the fakeout deaths, the poor military tactics, and the abundance of plot armor, it was a great episode. 8/10

(I think S8E2 is the best of all of S7+8 so far)

Spoiler

Don't get me wrong, I really loved the episode. I just wish we had more time to explore some of these threads. I wanted to learn more about the White Walkers, the Children of the Forest, and the magic that Bran has as the Three Eyed Raven. You establish that Bran can touch the past and then do nothing with that? What? Why did the White Walkers wait 8,000 years to march on the wall? Even the little bits that we've learned so far from the novels show so much more depth for all of these. For instance, the White Walkers have a culture and a language, they were not the mindless death machines the show portrays. I just wanted more foundational world building, but I'm going to have to wait on a novel that is maybe never coming. 

Pivoting to a war vs Cersei for the Iron Throne feels so anti-climatic now. I just honestly don't care. 

I'm satisfied that Arya was the one to kill the Night's King. So much of this story has been about subverting tropes, and with all of the build up of Azor Ahai/The Prince(ss) who was Promised, it fits that it wasn't any "chosen one" that ultimately ended the war. It was a girl who put in the sweat and tears through years of training. A girl who loved her family too much to become the No One that the Faceless Man training required. She put her life on the line when her brother needed her, and she won. 

That being said. I hated that she just invisibility cloaked her way up and trick shotted him. Make her earn it. That could have been a cool af fight scene. 

1 hour ago, Beric said:
Spoiler

Pivoting to a war vs Cersei for the Iron Throne feels so anti-climatic now. I just honestly don't care.

Spoiler

Which is probably the point

Main characters suddenly being invincible aside (Include Beric who sprinted down a hallway after being stabbed 20 times in the back so he could die in peace with his friends), Arya's kill shot was fucking badass.  There was a collective gasp/shout from everyone in our watch group. The show also loves full circles, and it was quite fitting that the blade that was sent to kill Bran ended up being used to save him.

I just don't get who allowed them to use such terrible transition music and effects in these 'game revealed' BTS videos.

13 minutes ago, James said:

Tonight's episode leaked and I'm not ready for what was spoiled for me. :/

Fucking same. 

Some people I was working for were talking about it. I couldn't even avoid the spoilers. 

6 minutes ago, Beric said:

Fucking same. 

Some people I was working for were talking about it. I couldn't even avoid the spoilers. 

:hug:

I'm glad I dodged the spoilers. Wow I was not expecting any action this episode!

S08E04 is officially now my favourite episode, especially the first act of it. 10/10

*edit: favourite episode of the S7/S8 shitstorm I meant

Edited by Memphus

What? That last episode was absolute garbage... Honestly one of the worsts of the entire show.

I couldn't suspend my disbelief because the character arcs were so lazy.

Spoiler

I'm looking at you Daenerys, Jon, Cersei, Euron, Missandei, Grey Worm, Ghost, and Tyrion

Spoiler

I mean, the writing has been absolute garbage shit and makes no sense whatsoever for the entirity of both season 7 and 8. But this episode felt like regular GoT again, especially the banquet scenes. Once you get over the enormous plotholes and just enjoy it for what it is: blockbuster-movie production value pumped into a TV show. GRRM will never finish those books so this is all we are going to get, I'm afraid. I just wish Jon would have pet the damn doggo.

Spoiler

It gets boring watching people say stupid things about things they don't know or they don't care about - politics is filled with this. But for someone to comment on a subreddit about a show that they have spent nearly 100 hours watching and even more time discussing or thinking about it - it is such a treat to witness such sincere stupidity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/blo8la/spoilers_extra_30_secs_in_e4_was_all_i_needed/

Certainbuds

Just joined so i haven't read any of this thread. Just wanted to voice my disdain for D%D. That's all have a nice day :)

Spoiler

I laughed pretty hard when Plot Device Pony appeared. 

Music was on point this episode. 

Certainbuds

We're going to leave the world a better place than we found it

Tyler the Creator - So that was a fucking lie