A Song of Ice and Fire

Ymesocool

never heard of it
You probably know it as Game of Thrones

I just started watching it a few weeks ago and finished it in about a week or so. Entertaining, but I'm astonished that they were able to get through 3 seasons while not even scratching the surface on connecting the three stories (The Wall, the war/fight for king, and the dragons). A piss-effort assassination attempt on Daenarys, but that's about it. Please tell me I won't have to wait until season 8 or whatever for them to focus on the obvious biggest and namesake conflicts (ice, white walkers; fire, dragons). :sly:

Also I'm surprised I was able to watch 3 seasons and barely even realize that Rickon is a Stark, or even an important character at all. So much focus on Bran, easy to forget.

Also is winter coming or not lkas;jdhfkjghlskdfjl

never heard of it
You probably know it as Game of Thrones

I just started watching it a few weeks ago and finished it in about a week or so. Entertaining, but I'm astonished that they were able to get through 3 seasons while not even scratching the surface on connecting the three stories (The Wall, the war/fight for king, and the dragons). A piss-effort assassination attempt on Daenarys, but that's about it. Please tell me I won't have to wait until season 8 or whatever for them to focus on the obvious biggest and namesake conflicts (ice, white walkers; fire, dragons). :sly:

Also I'm surprised I was able to watch 3 seasons and barely even realize that Rickon is a Stark, or even an important character at all. So much focus on Bran, easy to forget.

Also is winter coming or not lkas;jdhfkjghlskdfjl

I forgot about Rickon until the end of the 3rd season lol

• 9 months later...

This topic needs a revival for the new season.

And, more importantly, I needed a place to post this: 

With or without the goats, that music stirs so many emotions in me.  Will watch episodes one and two together next week.

I'm guessing what will happen with books 4 and 5 is they will combine them and have multiple seasons from there. The only reason they were published as separate books was because it got to be too large, even for GRRM. The lack of certain characters in each book was saddening to me.. you certainly can't expect them to just cut Tyrion from the show because he doesn't appear in one of the books. Since they take place at the same time it'd be the only way to do it otherwise you're just going to confuse the audience (I admit to confusion when I started reading the 5th book since I didn't realize what had happened with the books).

Sooner or later all the plot lines will end up together, rather than having one chapter dedicated to a specific character as it is now.

I enjoyed it too much though, there might be something wrong with me >.<
I think that means that you're perfect. :reporter:

I love the show's depiction of Oberyn. Everything he says is perfect in depicting him as the casual badass with a vengeance. 

I also enjoy the new interaction between Jaime and Brom. Though the characters never speak to each other in the book, it says a lot about the show (and GRRM's universe) that two characters you would love to see interact, can do so in a meaningful way. 

Spoiler

Spoiler
Mourn ye, mourn ye.

Joffrey the Good, Bringer of Peace, has been murdered by his cowardly uncle Tyrion Lannister. Off with his head!

I will miss Joffrey. One of the best characters on the show.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
I love the show's depiction of Oberyn. Everything he says is perfect in depicting him as the casual badass with a vengeance. 

I also enjoy the new interaction between Jaime and Brom. Though the characters never speak to each other in the book, it says a lot about the show (and GRRM's universe) that two characters you would love to see interact, can do so in a meaningful way. 

Spoiler
lel c y@ douche.

That's because the guy originally for the part was Ser Ilyn Payne (sp?), and he died irl of cancer iirc.

He's still living. Terminal cancer, though. So he has more important things to do than go back to work.