Fundamental DG Miniguide

Power20024

Fundamental DG Miniguide

By: Power

Audience: 70+ DG

In this short guide I'll briefly go over fundamental DG strategies, tips, and gameplay that can turn 30-40 min dungeons into 20-30 min ones and with an excellent team and more practice, <20. There are five main topics I will cover:

1)Gating and path running

2)Gt placement/movement

3)Prioritizing

4)Important acronyms

5)Boss + Endgame

1) Gating and path running

When a keyer asks for a door to be gated and you gate it, you should immediately say <key> gated to avoid double gating or confusion. That door immediately becomes your "path". You are responsible for calling and for gating anything that is in your path. I like to think of it as 5 "keyers" running different paths instead of just 1 "keyer". When your key has been found, immediately: (unless you're doing ramokee or a 5 man room)

1. Take the key and open your door.

2. Call all doors that are after your door that you can without losing time

3. IF it is a gd gate it and open any other doors possible and teleport back to the team

4. IF there are any doors you cannot do call and gate them and teleport back to the team

5. IF it is a dead end call it, (pick up the key if there is one) and teleport back to the team

Calling doors is important. Communication is the most important thing in dungeoneering. If you cannot communicate with the team and keyer you're hurting the team. Nobody who is decent will tell you otherwise. If you are somebody that is 80 DG that calls all doors, gates quickly and is proactive, you are more useful than someone who is 120 DG who does not call anything and is slow.

2) Gt Placement/Movement

The group gatestone (ggs or gt) is an extremely valuable item in DG. I'm assuming you know what it does, so I'll tell you where it should be placed. The keyer has 7 "gates", or teleports at his disposal. 5 Personal gatestones, 1 Group gatestone, and Home teleport. Throughout most of the dungeon, the ggs should be placed at a gd. If there are several gds and they are gated, as soon as the current one is done, the gt should be moved to the next one and everyone should gt except the person running the path. Try and have the gt placed inside the gd unless it is extremely, extremely dangerous. (As in, you'll be dead before you teleport in.) If a path is going to dead end soon, the keyer will ask the gt to be moved to a different path.

As for personal gatestones, the keyer should be the last one to gate a static path and it should only be if all other gates have been exhausted. The keyer usually opens up new paths and has to gate gds inside the path so for example gating a key door next to home is not going to be effective.

IF there is a 5 man room (Emotes or Levers) everybody should gate their current path and gt to the room.

IF there is a gd being done and one person has run into a skill door they cannot do, the gt should be moved to the skill door and then back immediately after it is done so that person can continue running his path.

IF there are multiple gds gated, the gt should be moved immediately after the gd is finished (person running path opens door)

There are hundreds of other scenarios but these are common and knowing how to handle them efficiently will improve time and in turn faster exp.

3) Prioritizing

The key you gated is found:

IF you are at a gd immediately take it to your door.

IF you are at a 5 man room take the key after the room is completed.

IF you are at a ramokee/merc, use common sense to determine when you should take the key.

You find a key:

IF the door is gated by another immediately gate your position and place the key on gt.

IF the door is not gated and has not been seen wait until you have completed your path.

IF the team is together make sure the keyer sees the key and he/she will pick it up. Absolutely make sure it is picked up because most lost keys occur this way.

A merc/ramo is found: the keyer will determine when/if the team has enough food to do the room.

If the current path will dead end soon, someone should hold the gt so another path can be run. If everybody remains idle it slows down the dungeon.

4) Important Acronyms

VERY important to get used to, even if the team is on teamspeak/skype/vent

Colors of Keys:

Go - Gold

Gr - Green

O - Orange

B - Blue

S - Silver

C - Crimson

Y - Yellow

P - Purple

Shapes of Keys:

Co - Corner

Cr - Crescent

D - Diamond

P - Pentagon

T - Triangle

R - Rectangle

S - Shield

W - Wedge

Combinations:

You need to quickly be able to figure out the key combinations that the keyer is ordering.

Examples would include Br - Blue Rectangle and Got - Gold Triangle.

It's important to distinguish the difference between the Gold and Green keys, don't just leave the letter at G.

Keyer Commands:

Gd - Guardian door

Gtgd - Gate tele, and clear the guardian door

Hold gt [boss, keycombo, room name, player] - Hold the group gatestone until the path you are on denks or the keyer tells you to bring it to your gate.

Mgt [ Player or key door] - Move the group gatestone

Gtb - Group tele for boss

Gte - Group tele for end

Gdm - Gd mark

Credit to Mach One

Mid-level Bosses + Endgame

The boss will most likely be found before the dungeon is complete. Rememeber altar locations and make sure if you urgently need pray, to build the altar before the dungeon is almost complete. A good keyer will tell the team to start the boss before the dungeon is fully completed.

Skeletal Trio - Annoying at times, make sure to have mage pray on all times when the mage is alive and to kill the ranger first because he has less melee defence than the mage. Can improvise this boss depending on amt of melee/hex/surgebox.

Runebound behemoth - Make sure that his 3 prayers are never on at the same time. Mage pray and melee+turm when melee pray is down.

Gravecreeper - Easy boss. Make sure the graves are blessed when he digs. No need to teleport out unless it's for prayer. Range pray.

Necrolord - Hex solos. If there isn't one make sure to start on boss asap. Mage pray.

Flesh-Spoiler - Easiest boss in dg. If you're tanking have mage pray on until he pops out his eyeball then switch to melee. He won't mage anyone after so soul split if you aren't tanking.

Thunderous - Just run behind the pillars when he says something, and when you immediately are behind attack him again to prevent him from maging. Platebodies and hoods off, one person should leech def. Do not start before the dungeon is finished, door lag will rape you even if it's called early. Melee pray.

Blink - Only moves north and east so stand in the northeast to improve your chances of raising the pillar on time. Hide behind a pillar or in the doorway for his magic special. This boss gets easier the more you fight him. Range pray.

Warped Gulega - Can be soloed damageless with an altar with proper prayer flicking. Easy to 2-3man, ragers are highly recommended. If you suck at switching prayers stay on mage pray.

Dreadnaut - Melee, one person should have mage to lure him around the corners. If not then it's like Sara GWD, if you're being attacked run around the room corner to corner.

Miscellaneous

- Hoods reduce your stab/slash/crush bonus. Take them off during ghosts/boss/ramo/merc/mage gds

- Taking off your platebody increases deflect damage. If there is only one style (2 range zombies for example) pray range and take off your plate and hood to maximize damage on the zombies

- Fishing ferret moves diagonally first, usually only need 2 fish, 3 max.

That's all for now, let me know if there's something that should be added that's not on there. Pictures when i'm back to dg :P Also I should have used else if instead of if but w/e

Edited by Power20024

Blink - Stand in the northeast to improve your chances of raising the pillar on time. Hide behind a pillar or in the doorway for his magic special. This boss gets easier the more you fight him. Range pray.

What? Isn't it mage pray, since it reduces his "steam" attack?

Nicely written, I hope people read this :horse:

I like. Good guide, Power. My keying is getting better and this should help

I hear you only key well because you suicide 4-8 times a dungeon. ... But that's just what I heard.

Nice guide :>

Gte - Gate tele to end

Added, thanks

Blink - Stand in the northeast to improve your chances of raising the pillar on time. Hide behind a pillar or in the doorway for his magic special. This boss gets easier the more you fight him. Range pray.

I don't know, I just keep it on range pray and seem to die a lot less and take less damage than those who mage pray

Edited by Power20024

I like. Good guide, Power. My keying is getting better and this should help

I hear you only key well because you suicide 4-8 times a dungeon. ... But that's just what I heard.

When you key you need to be a food hog or able to handle dying a lot. Sometimes I have 0 deaths, others I have 8... either way I have fun.

Nice guide :>

Gte - Gate tele to end

Added, thanks

I don't know, I just keep it on range pray and seem to die a lot less and take less damage than those who mage pray

You are right it is range pray I did it a few times with mage and utterly got raped but Jay told me to pray range when he took me on my practice floors and it really changed.