Player Owned Ports Guide

Hess

Requirements:

You MUST be a Member.

To take ownership of your port, you must have reached level 90 in at least one of the following skills:

• Fishing
  • Herblore
  • Prayer
  • Runecrafting
  • Slayer
  • Thieving

There is a tutorial, it is highly suggested to follow the tutorial to learn the best ways to manage your port.

Zc7kR.png

rRVzI.png

1 - Pub (bar), This is where most of the visitors are located (mostly captains ect) You also have the ability to "customize" your own pirates for your own taste of style. ** When you update this, you gain a 2% bonus to attract better crew mates. **

2 - Office, this is where your Navigator/Partner is located. After you unlock the first "zone" you will be allowed to "manage" which scrolls you choose to focus on. * Scrolls will be discussed later in this guide. * You can go to the Navigator/Partner also if you have any questions about your Port. ** When you update the office, you unlock 1 ship. **

EXzxk.png

3 - Workshop, this can not be used/upgraded before the unlock of the first zone.

4 - Lodging, (sleeping area) this can only be upgraded with "gunpowder" - resource only unlocked in the first zone.

5 - Shipwright, (where ships are built/fixed) ** This building, when upgraded, gives your ship a 2% stat bonus. ** Stats for your ship will be discussed later on in this guide.

6 - Warehouse, (black market) this is where you can buy extra resources with rsgp. ** When this building is upgraded you get a 3% chime resource bonus and a 5% bamboo resource bonus.

DbpYw.png

S1 - S4 - These slots are your ships. The ships can be customized to help your voyages.

Step1: click the ports tab (bottom left hand corner)

Step2: select your ship

Step3: this is where you can edit your ship (NOTE: you cannot edit your ship when it is on a voyage - when you try to access it this way

you will receive a time when your ship will arrive back at port).

un9PX.png

rFQZq.png

Note: When you go to upgrade parts on your ship. You will be able to view the stats of each upgraded part.

Note: When you unlock parts of your ship it unlocks for ALL of your ships. Not just one.

Rams/Figureheads - Upgrading the rams or figureheads will improve either Combat or the Morale of your ship.

Figureheads = Morale and Rams = Combat.

Deck Items 1 & 2 - Changing deck items will help improve your Combat, Morale, and Seafaring.

Cannons = Combat, Food Crates = Morale, and Riggings = Seafaring.

Hulls - Changing the hull of your ship will help with all four stats (seafaring, combat, morale, and speed).

Rudders - Rudders of a ship are designed to help with speed. If you upgrade the rudder on your ship your voyages will take less time.

The better the rudder, the faster the voyage.

MXj7h.jpg

MPBj1.png This tab lets you recruit/fire new crew mates.

OWOkf.png

Some crew mates require resources to hire. As you can see with the Cyclops - 300 Chimes and 200 Bamboo to hire.

You can level up your Crew mates as long as they are on voyages. This will raise their stats "morale, seafaring, combat, and speed" some stats on some of the crew mates CAN NOT be raised.

2J08g.png This tab lets you choose your voyages and this tab gRTci.png allows you to edit ships.

z78h9.png

This screen allows you to select voyages. This also tells you everything about the voyage you've selected.

Your success chance, duration ect. (I will explain this later on in the guide).

Note: DO NOT SKIP VOYAGES! You won't be able to redo them!

i6xsi.png This tab allows you to upgrade the buildings in your port. *Refer back to pictures with 1-5 #'s <<< Those are your buildings you can upgrade. *

kbUcJ.png

The upgrade costs are listed to the right. You can navigate through which buildings you can upgrade by clicking the < or > buttons at the top of the menu.

YBZcd.png This tab allows you to view the map of your already discovered islands, it also shows you the percentile (%) of which your next zone is unlocked.

uMK8w.png

There are many other items you can update such as --- Telescopes, Icons, and the portal you use.

• Telescopes - Helps you receive scroll voyages.
  • Icons - Help attract "Random" events and "visitors" < as discussed earlier. They will help you in "special voyages".
  • Portal upgrades are optional and give no stat bonus's to your port.

Once you unlock the first zone. You are allowed to search for "scrolls" there are several different types of scrolls.

Some are to unlock armor, runescape bonus's such as extra wc exp and even bonus critical damage hit scrolls and even a new "recipe" for rocktail soup which heals 2100 lifepoints.

tBvrX.png

Captain's Log:

This book helps you keep track of numerous stats of your port.

PBMNK.png

Daily Random events around your port will give you "special resources" which you can "equip" to your ship to help them even more on a voyage!

You will be notified via the chat box if you have received a random event.

1jUz7.png

When you unlock the skull zone you will be able to focus on scrolls which help unlock various items in the game.

VcY8V.png

gzZJq.png

NOTE: if you fail a voyage. It sometimes requires more resources to repair your ship. Some of your crew also may die, even your captain.

Edited by Hess
  • 9 years later...
11 hours ago, Mrs Dewfus said:

well this would have been useful when i was working on ports lol ?

I use port master kags guide idk this existed 

How important are the story missions liike this? Should I be focusing on these when they appear?

The Top Mission is what I'm talking about

and what the heck is the bottom one giving? It says Clue Progress if I hover over it

naqhXfa.png

Edited by Fatal Zanik
On 2/15/2022 at 1:35 AM, Fatal Zanik said:

How important are the story missions liike this? Should I be focusing on these when they appear?

I would say they are top-priority! Definitely focus on them when possible.

Every adventurer has a storyline comprised of one-time missions. There are four groups, or "trios," of three adventurers each. Once you have completed all the storyline voyages for all three adventurers in a trio, the next time at least two of those adventures are in port, you will be able to complete the "final story mission."

Completing one of the four final missions is a Comp requirement; completing all four is an MQC and Trim requirement.

Storyline completion takes a very long time, so always try to progress if you have the chance! :)

On 2/15/2022 at 1:35 AM, Fatal Zanik said:

and what the heck is the bottom one giving? It says Clue Progress if I hover over it

Clue voyages increment a given adventurer's progress to discovering a new island, and completing all the clue voyages to unlock an island awards a new type of voyage for that adventurer, with special rewards.

For example, the Worldbearer Ring is the ultimate reward for the Exile's clue voyages" , and you can do that special voyage as often as you get it.

Most, but not all, adventurers have clue voyages.