Looking for old Gladz

Fluffz

16 minutes ago, poope said:

Thanks Rafi ^^  now can you help me with osrs's "too many login attempts" problem im having ;D

That's not just you.  It's been going on for ages, especially with older account as far as I understand it. You basically just need to wait it out for 30+ minutes, though I've had several occasions where its lasted hours or even a full night. 

Make sure to report the issue to Jagex here whenever it happens: https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360002267798-Too-many-login-attempts-from-your-address

Jagex's note on the bottom basically means they won't address the problem until it gets reported by a critical mass of players. 

I seen RuneScape in the iPhone App Store today so made me think of coming here. I haven’t owned a computer for 4-5 years now. How do you play on a touch screen with no right click???

I tried to recover my account benderine but no luck. Hope your all doing well.

Thought I'd stop by since it's been a while. :)  I started playing OSRS a couple weeks ago, since it turns out I know a lot of people playing it lol. I've been mostly afk training with it on my iPad for now (currently lvl 93; hope to try PvM stuff eventually); I find playing mobile works well for a lot of things, but if you have to do something that's really right-click intensive then it's rough imo. If any old faces wanna hmu, my rsn is Pequu.  Two U's since Jagex is holding my old account hostage. Hope everyone's been doing well!

On 11/1/2020 at 1:08 AM, Andrewski said:

I seen RuneScape in the iPhone App Store today so made me think of coming here. I haven’t owned a computer for 4-5 years now. How do you play on a touch screen with no right click???

I tried to recover my account benderine but no luck. Hope your all doing well.

My dude! How the hell you been bro? Download discord on your phone and when you're bored pop on and say whats up man. I'll pm you my Discord user

On 11/1/2020 at 7:06 AM, Krystal said:

Thought I'd stop by since it's been a while. :)  I started playing OSRS a couple weeks ago, since it turns out I know a lot of people playing it lol. I've been mostly afk training with it on my iPad for now (currently lvl 93; hope to try PvM stuff eventually); I find playing mobile works well for a lot of things, but if you have to do something that's really right-click intensive then it's rough imo. If any old faces wanna hmu, my rsn is Pequu.  Two U's since Jagex is holding my old account hostage. Hope everyone's been doing well!

FYI the Gladz that play osrs largely hang out in the old Gladz Chat clan chat there. Did you lose your original account? That sucks. 

22 hours ago, Rafi said:

FYI the Gladz that play osrs largely hang out in the old Gladz Chat clan chat there. Did you lose your original account? That sucks. 

Yeah I can't seem to recover it, no matter how many times I try.  I've been trying to see if they'll at least release my name so that I can take it back, but no luck in that department either. Ugh.  =[   

2 hours ago, Krystal said:

Yeah I can't seem to recover it, no matter how many times I try.  I've been trying to see if they'll at least release my name so that I can take it back, but no luck in that department either. Ugh.  =[   

It takes YEARS for them to release names. I think most of the names they've released are early 2000s names. I'm shocked you and Benderine are having trouble recovering your accounts.  Do you have old CC numbers and such? Well, less surprised about Andrew cause he's a bad actor, but loves a Pequ!

4 hours ago, Rafi said:

It takes YEARS for them to release names. I think most of the names they've released are early 2000s names. I'm shocked you and Benderine are having trouble recovering your accounts.  Do you have old CC numbers and such? Well, less surprised about Andrew cause he's a bad actor, but loves a Pequ!

I have no idea what my credit card numbers are.  I provided them with my grandmother's name which would have been on the cards, and I came up with a bunch of other stuff to try to prove it's me, but they still declined.  I haven't tried recently though. My last attempts were in 2018, and some people are saying that people lately have been getting them back more easily idk.  I've become buds with Ghjjf (isn't that crazy? loll) and he's even provided me with my IP address of back then (taken off DI forums) for me to provide to them as proof as well.  So maybe that will work, idk.  A pmod recently looked into it, and it sounds like they treat ex-pmod accounts even more seriously than those that had never been modded before.  So apparently being a pmod back then is biting me in the ass as well.  Sigh. :(  It would be great to get it back in case I wanted to play the latest RS version, but at least I'm not really wasting my time leveling on OSRS since everyone's account had to start over again.  Currently lvl 101 after only 2 weeks lol.  Moving on up.

Edit: Tried to appeal again. Literally instantly declined. Like they clearly aren't even reading the info I gave them at the end of the recovery request. 

Edited by Krystal
6 hours ago, Krystal said:

I have no idea what my credit card numbers are.  I provided them with my grandmother's name which would have been on the cards, and I came up with a bunch of other stuff to try to prove it's me, but they still declined.  I haven't tried recently though. My last attempts were in 2018, and some people are saying that people lately have been getting them back more easily idk.  I've become buds with Ghjjf (isn't that crazy? loll) and he's even provided me with my IP address of back then (taken off DI forums) for me to provide to them as proof as well.  So maybe that will work, idk.  A pmod recently looked into it, and it sounds like they treat ex-pmod accounts even more seriously than those that had never been modded before.  So apparently being a pmod back then is biting me in the ass as well.  Sigh. :(  It would be great to get it back in case I wanted to play the latest RS version, but at least I'm not really wasting my time leveling on OSRS since everyone's account had to start over again.  Currently lvl 101 after only 2 weeks lol.  Moving on up.

Edit: Tried to appeal again. Literally instantly declined. Like they clearly aren't even reading the info I gave them at the end of the recovery request. 

reddit is literally customer support. make a topic with as much info as possible (exclude your rsn) and see if you can get enough attention to grab a J-Mod to look at it.

On 11/5/2020 at 10:17 PM, Rafi said:

After a couple years of not playing I tried to log in and couldn’t get in. Looked myself up on high scores and whatever the new skill was had been leveled up. So someone was having fun. I tried to recover back then and no luck, now I don’t even know the username it’s been changed or banned. 

Edited by Andrewski

It was probably hacked and sold.  You should keep trying.  Old member agreements/confirmations, CC numbers, emails, passwords.  It all helps. Make sure you point out that you are coming back after a however many year break. 

16 hours ago, Rafi said:

It was probably hacked and sold.  You should keep trying.  Old member agreements/confirmations, CC numbers, emails, passwords.  It all helps. Make sure you point out that you are coming back after a however many year break. 

I tried again and they auto-declined it, because I just don't have the details they want in order to successfully recover it. Curse my terrible memory. =\  It truly sucks, but since I am doing OSRS, which is an area where everyone has to level up from scratch anyway, it's not that big of a deal.  If I could just get the name back, I'd be satisfied with that. =X

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone remembers me but I used to be active with Gladz back in 2004 - 2007 ish era. I see some familiar names and from what I remember I used to be friends with Matty Range and Pure PK. It's crazy to see that Gladz is still around. I'm glad we're doing well. I was thinking about the times where we'd have massive pkri's and before you know it it's a full blown war of literally hundreds of people... It's just amazing to think about that and THE Alliance. Good times! Hope everyone is staying safe and well.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Neohot Blaze said:

@Rafi Hey Rafi! Hope you're doing well, I lurk the forums time to time. Let me know what I can help with, thanks!

Neo! I'll Pm you. 

Made an attempt to get into the old email I used back then for MSN and checked my skype but unfortunately I wasn't able to come up with anything. If i remember right Zohm/Zwicked used to be friends with Beep IRL so I'll shoot him a message next time i see him in game.