Looking for old Gladz

Fluffz

11 minutes ago, Cakeboy43 said:

hey how are you.

I'm okay! How are you?

RS got me again X.X

• 4 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 9:46 PM, Beeppuddogs said:

Well you found me! Just a little late for the reunion but no worries. Now that I can access the forum and I have discord, I'll be around here and there. 

BEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Is this the right place to post this? Thread is ancient so sorry for the necro but

Hiiiii lol dunno if anyone remembers me. Think I used to lurk a lil after quitting way back when (????) and just started back up at OSRS a lil bit. what a blast from the past 

^ That's Bespinman, if you need your memory jogged. :chuffed:

Hello, Shelfie! I fear we haven't met, but it's always great to see old Gladz remember the community and drop in. I hope you're enjoying OSRS, and that you've been well! ^_^

1 minute ago, Sirsir said:

^ That's Bespinman, if you need your memory jogged. :chuffed:

Hello, Shelfie! I fear we haven't met, but it's always great to see old Gladz remember the community and drop in. I hope you're enjoying OSRS, and that you've been well! ^_^

what was the number, 73? i was just trying to remember earlier today! 

Just now, Shelfie said:

what was the number, 73? i was just trying to remember earlier today! 

Yes; I just didn't want to post it on a public board. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, it seems I missed my  check-in for 2021 so not to make the same mistake twice, here's my yearly check in. I hope everyone is doing well.  I am getting old, knees hurt when I play sports and sometimes I wake up neck stiffness. 

I recovered my account and logged in. Our old stomping ground in GDs :D 

runescape.jpg

On 9/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, -Finaltank- said:

Hi everyone, it seems I missed my  check-in for 2021 so not to make the same mistake twice, here's my yearly check in. I hope everyone is doing well.  I am getting old, knees hurt when I play sports and sometimes I wake up neck stiffness. 

runescape.jpg

I'm famous!

And tell me about it... all the aches and pains. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, -Finaltank- said:

runescape.jpg

Jesus has RS graphics come a long way. 

Linking another thread and copy/pasting some of my war memories that I posted a few years back... felt like I typed this up like a year ago... 

I wish I had all my PK and war pics and videos but they're lost in my old Photobucket and old computer. 

My first experience with clan wars was before I joined Gladz. I didn't participate, I just spectated the RSD vs. DI war. It was a massive war with a lot of trash talking about who was the best warring clan, so there were a ton of spectators. It motivated me to join a clan so I could participate in wars. I don't quite remember how I ultimately decided on Gladz. I think one of the reasons was Gladz was one of the few reputable war clans that also had skill requirements that allowed a lower combat level to join. I also liked the history as one of the oldest clans with success in PKing. 

Gladz was usually an underdog in a lot of clan wars, particularly because we had our ups and downs during wilderness PK trips. We usually had relatively lower combat level members and generally our performance in wilderness skirmishes was inconsistent. We had some members who ran, teleported, and X out, which was frowned upon back then. However, Gladz became very capable at wars - usually due to strong member turnouts and combat coordination. A lot of rival clans complained of our numbers due to our relatively lower application requirements. We compensated for our lower level through frequent training sessions on evasion techniques (running around fixed obstacles to cause attackers to get stuck and steel wars), single target focus calling ("G on Bibbleboy@@@@@@@@"), splitting into specialized "hit squads" to coordinate take downs and target switch to focus on key players throughout the battle (higher level, skilled PKers, and clan leaders), and defensive positioning (Gladz 2x2 death box and one square stacking), which, combined with our clan-wide combat leveling push (thanks to Red123nz's "GET 123 COMBAT!" campaign and Finaltank leading us toward focusing on wars), made Gladz one of the top war clans. 

Below are some wars that stand out in my memory - I'm sure I'm forgetting some awesome ones. I think I only missed participating in one large scale war during my time with Gladz and my survival rate was pretty good (think I only died twice in a dozen or so wars). 

Gladz vs. Zeonic Force

My first Gladz war was against the Zeonic Forces. This was one of earlier wars after RS2 was released. There was a history and long rivalry between Gladz and ZF and a lot of trash talking that stemmed from RSC. I don't remember the details of the rivalry. We had some skirmishes with ZF in the wild - both in F2P and P2P. The actual war I think we were on offense and we marched into their defensive position east of the Greater Demons. I remember it was hard to tell if we were winning, but eventually I noticed more and more green capes. After a long fought battle, we came out victorious. 

Gladz vs. Blackknights

Gladz, THE, Jaguars, and BK (and later TMRD) were part of what was known as the Alliance. We supported each other and had healthy relationships. While all the clans in the Alliance were strong, Gladz was the strongest and largest. BK eventually rose up and had many war successes. I don't remember exactly how relations deteriorated between Gladz and BK - I think there were some egos that came with their successes as well as some accidental killing of each other's PK groups that led the eventual declaration of war. The battle started east of Greaters and eventually migrated west to the Greater ruins. Our turnout was not great and BK had very strong turnout, so we got crushed. One of the very few large wars we lost. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-VenT5cFrk

Gladz vs. Dark Slayers

At the time, DS just started back up (forget if they were a rebirth or a rebirth of another clan), but they quickly became a dominant force after recruiting a large number of well known PKers. They poached top players from various clans and they became a formidable rival to DI, who was the top clan back then. Gladz had a strong turnout with maxed out options (~200+ people). We one squared east of Greaters and waited for DS to attack. All of a sudden we get bombarded by a ton of randoms. I think someone actually died from a random. It scattered our formation and DS charged in and took full advantage of the situation. We maintained our composure and pulled out victorious in the fight. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zokOcEb_i0

Gladz vs. Damage Inc

DI was considered by many as the top warring clan for a long time. They were very skilled in both F2P and P2P PKing, had the highest combat requirements, members were known as the best individual PKers, lot of old school players, and they consistently pulled out victories with significantly fewer headcount. DI was the clan to beat and everyone placed a target on their back. I don't remember if this came before or after the DS war. Zezima never really got involved with any clans or wilderness, but he was friends with some members - N0valyfe and some others I believe - so he came out to the wild in support of us along with a ton of mules/spectators. The battle took place along the fence/gate to P2P wild and Gladz had a very strong turnout. We were well prepared with leveling up and general tactical training, which showed when we came out on top. The victory made Gladz the top war clan and we had a huge target on our back. One of my top memories from RS. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEXbRvlFRnY

Other random memories:

Jerico in pink pigtails and skirt

Stalking rune rocks

MUSTERRRRRRRRRR

Server switching on top of other PK groups (wins and fails)

Skirmishes with Exercitum (killing Supa Vegeta), Corruption, DI, DS, TD

The Alliance vs. that one clan I forget the name (was like 350 vs 50), was supposed to be the largest war ever and the opposing side talked up a huge game but failed to show

Axe hut AFK pking and baiting 

Mage bank battles

I remember the Gladz ghetto pk trips for regaining morale, having fun and getting experience for less combat ready members

Sethnik horsey toy

Chasing people through the lava maze

Miniwars 

15v15 and 20v20 altar battles

Edited by Orlando
  • 2 weeks later...

for whatever reason I can't login on my gladz forums account. fuck. as I type this I envision myself as some senile old fuck. anyways. what it doo.