Pro Sports Topic

Jake

That video was quite cool. Anderson's getting a lot better and has already stepped up from previous campaigns and I have no doubt that he'll become a major player for Brazil's national team. But yeah, £26m is a bit steep.

That said... Anderson, centre midfielder, £26m, 5 goals for United (3 of which came this year). Torres, striker, £50m, 1 goal for Chelsea. Lol.

Edited by Dan

That video was quite cool. Anderson's getting a lot better and has already stepped up from previous campaigns and I have no doubt that he'll become a major player for Brazil's national team. But yeah, £26m is a bit steep.

That said... Anderson, centre midfielder, £26m, 5 goals for United (3 of which came this year). Torres, striker, £50m, 1 goal for Chelsea. Lol.

I saw that coming :sly:

Eurofags, off the thread with that crap

This is my topic, not yours, and I tell you to stfu. Soccer is awesome.

Eurofags, off the thread with that crap

This is my topic, not yours, and I tell you to stfu. Soccer is awesome.

QFT. Particularly the former, but also the latter.

Think that's eight straight games that Tim Legler has picked against the Heat. EIGHT. Must be nice to be wrong 95% of the time and still have a job. Chris Broussard and Ric Bucher are the only NBA analysts who actually know anything.

Edited by Knightmare25

When I saw that SJ & Josh had posted I expected more of what Cordeiro said. How wrong I was :happycrying:

Played soccer from the time I could run without falling over until the 7th grade when I quit to play football. Still watch Champion's League matches when I notice them on, and I get all into the Cup. Being in Europe during the last one was fantastic.

Ah. The only NFL I've ever watched is the Super Bowl. And I've only ever watched that when it was on BBC due to there being adverts every 2 minutes when it's on any other channel. Because BBC doesn't have advertisement breaks at all during the duration of a programme, they used the American commercial periods to go over the previous plays and explain the rules a bit more to the UK audiences - Which was nice because, obviously, the majority of us don't know the rules.

It was good. I just don't like the stopping and starting.

I'm not a fan of the "TV timeouts" (they actually stop the game so they can fit in more commercials) but I actually like the stop/start of football. I know when to focus and I know when I can relax.

When I saw that SJ & Josh had posted I expected more of what Cordeiro said. How wrong I was :happycrying:

I had a similar feeling.

Wouldn't it be more convenient to have a Sports forum and threads for the different sports? :dan: Instead of about 5 conversations going on in one thread.

Hey man, I was all Stereotypical AmericanTM maybe 5 years ago. Then Seattle got a MLS franchise. I started to go to a few games here and there and I can tell you, I've never had a sporting experience quite like a Sounders game.

Wouldn't it be more convenient to have a Sports forum and threads for the different sports? :dan: Instead of about 5 conversations going on in one thread.

Nah not really. The topic is usually slow enough to follow. I haven't seen it this busy in quite awhile.