Okay, Poke`peeps. You all have a reason to go outside.

Justin

So apparently looking for pokemon in the middle of nowhere didn't turn up any hits.  Did catch another high cp eevee though so hopefully that will evolve into flareon so I can complete my trio of eeveelutions.

LiquidSwords
10 minutes ago, Legendary DJ said:

So apparently looking for pokemon in the middle of nowhere didn't turn up any hits.  Did catch another high cp eevee though so hopefully that will evolve into flareon so I can complete my trio of eeveelutions.

Try this

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t0cpo/psa_how_to_force_your_eevee_to_evolve_into_your/

^ It does seem to work. I've already done it with Flareon to complete my collection of Eeveelutions, and I did it to make a second Vaporeon because they are so good for gyms.

19 hours ago, Lineskier said:

I've now gotten three Dratinis. They seem to hang out where I work. 

I don't want to spend money on this game but I've run out of Poke Balls a few times and I'm going to be real upset if I find more Dratinis without any...

Find an area with a bunch of close by Pokestops and walk it for about an hour. You will end up with plenty of Pokeballs without actually spending anything on the game. I walked 19.2 miles last night, and by the end of the walk, I was throwing Pokeballs away because I was out of inventory space, and wanted more Great Balls. 

Just now, Justin said:

Find an area with a bunch of close by Pokestops and walk it for about an hour. You will end up with plenty of Pokeballs without actually spending anything on the game. I walked 19.2 miles last night, and by the end of the walk, I was throwing Pokeballs away because I was out of inventory space, and wanted more Great Balls. 

You walked around playing Pokemon for over 6 hours? And that's at a brisk walking pace. I didn't know that was a thing. 

4 hours ago, Justin said:

^ It does seem to work. I've already done it with Flareon to complete my collection of Eeveelutions, and I did it to make a second Vaporeon because they are so good for gyms.

Can confirm. I now have all three forms.

Vaporeons have 100+ hp compared to the 60 or so of the other forms. Wow.

Edited by Blank

Went to the next city over yesterday I got a psyduck and hatched a lickitung. My bf got a dratini but I was too slow to get it and it ran away :( 

Nothing too huge from my end today.  Although I did hatch a couple of new pokemon.  Got a krabby and a growlithe!  Also caught a 416 cp eevee so we'll see what that turns into when I get enough candy.  I'm a little more than halfway towards my gyarados which I'm happy about.

57 minutes ago, Lineskier said:

Respect. 

I walked another 20.8 today, putting me at 40 miles on the weekend. I took a picture before my phone died for you!

Holy shot @Justin how do you have time for that! 

I hit level 15 today while in Burligton Vermont for a cheese festival.  I started running out of poke balls too- realized my inventory was filled with 3 kinds of potions and revives to boot, so trashed like 80 regular potions. I haven't done much gym battling yet. 

A couple hours early morning, then a longer walk when I finish everything I need to do for the day. I had few obligations this weekend, so I took advantage of it.

Almost had the best Pokemon Go weekend so far. Yesterday, I caught 3 Magmars. Today, I Caught a ton of Slowpoke and evolved 1 into a Slowbro. (the slowpoke to Slowpbro evolution made a 500+ cp jump)

Went up from level 10 to 13 over the weekend. I also took down 7 gyms, including the one that is 5 blocks away from where I live. (and yes Team Mystic brought in thereinforcements)

All I need now is one more Eevee so I can evolve my sparky into a Jolteon. 

Today I also caught a Chansey and realized once I arrived home, that its Hit points were higher than any of my other strong Pokemon. 214 hp to be exact at about 190 CP. Has anyone tried to battle with a Chansey or battled against  one in a gym and had a hard time beating it? 

I have yet to encounter a Chansey, but ever since the first gen, Chansey has always been one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the game, probably more HP than anything they have ever released(bar Blissey, obviously)

Jesus man you guys are leveling way too quick haha. I moved to a different city with NO pokestops at all so I have 0 Pokeballs. :(  I went from 14 to 17 by using a lucky egg and evolving around 20 pokemon. Probably the worst decision in my life since now I get higher CP pokemon but they seem to run away most of the time. Or take at least 3-5 pokeballs to catch. For example I threw berries at 4 pokemon and all four of them ran away. WTF berries.

Though I caught a Dratini while my girl was driving. Saw a Kadabra, Abra, Haunter in town (just on the tracker)

Thanks for the info Blank!

I managed to reach level 15 yesterday.  5 levels to go til ultra balls.  I hatched two pokemon that I normally can't find in my area (as of now).  First up came a sandshrew!  Second new one was a magnemite!!!  I still have more eggs to hatch so maybe I'll see more new ones :D

As a side note...for those who have T-Mobile, the amazing new deal came out today.  If you download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app you can enjoy free data for pokemon go for a whole year!  There's other cool stuff too on the app so if you don't have it I suggest getting it.

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Justin said:

I walked another 20.8 today, putting me at 40 miles on the weekend. I took a picture before my phone died for you!

So jealous. Everytime I plan to walk a lot, server crashes. My fiance had to work all Saturday (9 to 7:30) for a rush project, and there's a lot of pokestops nearby so I went with to walk all day. Servers were down from 8 to about 2:30, and then there was a really heavy thunderstorm and I was stranded under an awning for an hour and a half with no umbrella. Sunday I walked about 5 miles to the same area, and server crashes right before I got to the spot that always had three lures going. Sat for a while waiting for it to come back, and it only came back when I was already a quarter of a mile away from home again.

On the plus side, got level 20 using an egg during the storm on Saturday evolving stuff.

Edited by Ripply