[SPOILERS] Sliske's Endgame discussion

Memphus

I am an idiot. I found the fights to be super easy, but I died because I didn't realize you could climb the rocks in front of Sliske. So I just ran around the arena tanking bombs until I was out of food. ##

1 hour ago, Beric said:

I am an idiot. I found the fights to be super easy, but I died because I didn't realize you could climb the rocks in front of Sliske. So I just ran around the arena tanking bombs until I was out of food. ##

I found that rock through dumb luck. I was running around dodging bombs and happened to mouse over it and see the left-click option. 

I blew up the power thing in the middle the first round, then clicked a portal the 2nd, then climbed the rock the third. I don't think it matters what order you do it in. But I can't make it through his 4th health bar. Always run out of food by then, but I'm getting close. People in CC were saying he drains your stats? I don't regularly have my stats page up on my interface, so I didn't notice. Maybe this screwed me? Should I take in some restore pots? Or super restores? I noticed he drains my prayer HELLA fast, so maybe super restores would be a waste.

Something that really pisses me off is that there is no indication of when he is doing his shadow hands attack. A couple of people were trying to say that there is (when he talks), but they are wrong. I've failed this fight 5 fucking times and stared at him the entire time, there is absolutely zero correlation between him talking and him casting the shadow hands. And there is no unique animation from him for it either. Hopefully they change that when they patch this quest (they've already pointed out 5+ things they are changing)

Edited by Memphus

Never stop moving and he'll do almost no damage. Use keybinds to trigger your abilities while on the run. He's a gimped version of one of the Legiones, if you've ever fought one of those dudes. 

I have overloads so I didn't notice if he was stat draining, but if so that would certainly be a problem. Definitely take a couple super restores. 

You were able to do the trio fight with Linza/Greg/Nomad, which was truly much harder, so you can certainly get Sliske down. 

22 minutes ago, Beric said:

Never stop moving and he'll do almost no damage.

Huge exaggeration there. On 4 of my attempts I moved NONSTOP using keybound abilities (as you suggest), still managed to eat through a full inventory + yak of rocktails.

I actually got further on the 1 attempt where I stood still and only moved when hit by shadow hands.

Edited by Memphus

I honestly have no idea how that could be possible. I wish you could record an attempt. :/

Edit: Unless it is something as silly as him having drained your defense. 

You only have to move when he casts that ability, it shoots up four hands as you move along, and then you can stand still again.

15 hours ago, Charlie said:

Mazes and puzzles :wacko:. I'll stick to the max cape.

Less so puzzles, more so just a maze. Took me 82 minutes for the whole quest using the map posted on Reddit, I'm sure someone will have an optimized map out at some point.

16 hours ago, Memphus said:

Huge exaggeration there. On 4 of my attempts I moved NONSTOP using keybound abilities (as you suggest), still managed to eat through a full inventory + yak of rocktails.

I actually got further on the 1 attempt where I stood still and only moved when hit by shadow hands.

you dont have to run around in circles. I just paced back and forth between 2 squares

22 hours ago, Memphus said:

People in CC were saying he drains your stats?

Just confirmed he does NOT drain your stats at any part of the fight, only your prayer

WELL I FINALLY MANAGED TO DO IT

Big thanks to @Drake for walking me through it on Teamspeak. He's a PVM god.

At the end, when Jas lets you ask one question, after getting her answer you can press Escape to punt yourself out of the cutscene. Then you can hop back in to the start of the cutscene, go through the dialogue, and ask her a new question :) I spent a while doing it but managed to get all of the answers. Asking about the gods was a waste of time (i.e. what do you think of Seren?). The most valuable question was asking about the Elder Artifacts IMO. She lists 4 new ones that we did not previously know about,

- The Codex
- The Template
- The Needle

- The Hammer

"The others are known"

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Elder_Artefacts

20 minutes ago, Memphus said:

WELL I FINALLY MANAGED TO DO IT

Big thanks to @Drake for walking me through it on Teamspeak. He's a PVM god.

Congrats! I think we're all relieved. :reporter:

What did you do differently? 

10 minutes ago, Beric said:

Congrats! I think we're all relieved. :reporter:

What did you do differently? 

Rearranged my layout and ability bar so that I wasn't hunting all over my screen, trying to keep track of cooldowns, HP, prayer, food, etc. while constantly moving and watching for shadow hands. It was too much for my brain to handle.