Citadel & Avatar Guide

Linda

saberkiller2
On 9/20/2017 at 1:32 PM, Linda said:

Making use of Avatar Buff

PART I - The normal buff

Once upon a time, Jagex changed the avatar buffs. No longer do we need someone to summon the avatar for us to gain our weekly buff of 3%. If you've been gone a while, are new to a clan, or just wondered if there was more to life, this will help ease your confusion (not about life though, sorry, head over to Intellectual for that).

First question we will deal with: What is the avatar buff?

It's a great perk from our citadel - make use of it (unless you're an Ironman btw)! Simply put, you visit the citadel weekly and attune to activate it. Yep, that's all. It will expire a week after you've activated it so you'll need to return after that time has elapsed.

Next up: Where do I activate it?

Head over to the town square, found here:

NzyZtW.png

Click on the Avatar Control Stone to activate your buff for the week.

GLik6Q.png

Select "experience boost" and you're good to go! There will be a small icon that appears on your buff bar indicating that you have it on and the percentage that you are currently earning. Here I have a 6% buff.

That's it, see you next week!

PART II - Gaining more through fealty

Great job, you've done the work of getting to the citadel and activating your buff.. but you heard a rumor of a mystical 6% buff that exists.

How do I get this extra 3%?

This is pretty painless, I promise. The extra 3% comes through the fealty system, meaning each consecutive week that you cap at the citadel you will gain another 1% on your weekly experience buff. Note that the extra % is not immediately available for the week that you just capped so if you capped for the first week ever you will not get it until after citadel reset happens and you return to the citadel.

sA179S.png

What is capping?

Capping is just gathering a resource at a skill plot in the citadel. It can take anywhere from 10 minutes to a lazy hour or longer, it all depends on your attention and whether you've used the buff for faster gathering.

To be eligible for the extra fealty for the following week you need to at least partially cap during the week, meaning ~900 resources gathered. You will get a chatbox message when you have completed enough work (and you are also able to claim some bonus xp from the quartermaster).

You'll need to partially cap every week if you want to keep this buff though, so try to find a time that works for you to cap so that you don't forget or try to attend the event that is held weekly at the citadel.

Where do I get this bonus xp you just mentioned?

Well, head on over to the keep -

eftVIe.png

Talk to the quartermaster - in the southwest corner of the keep - then pick your skill that is offered and you can go save the world, armed with your shiny new bonus xp.

How does the Citadel Skill Plot resource bonus work?

If you select the first option at the avatar stone you can cap even faster at the citadel. You will gain resources 50% faster (12 resources vs 6 resources, for example) at the expense of not having all that free xp available to you. If you're someone that wants to use the citadel for the free xp this is not the option to use. However, if you're just looking to gain a little bit of free xp and cap quickly then this is what you should be using.

Make sure you change this to the experience boost after you're finished capping though!

How do I know if I've capped since the citadel reset?

Open up the clan chat list -

v96UKG.png

find your name and click the arrow next to your name -

12jXDb.png

then click the small checkbox and it will tell you what your status is.

SLyYE9.png

or..

AIeRc3.png

Just a quick note regarding fealty: If you forget to cap before the citadel resets and you haven't visited it either, you will not lose your fealty rank. If, however, you visited the citadel and didn't cap (or partially cap) you will drop down 1 fealty.

It has been awhile since I have had to got to a citadel, thank you for all of the info!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is very, very helpful but I have 2 questions if I may.

1. When you talk about the 900 resources gathered, does that mean resources you gathered outside of the citadel or the ones done while skilling at the citadel?

2. Is there a specific day that the build tick happens or is there some sort of notification because I tend to forget things if not reminded?

Thank you for a most informative guide.

3 minutes ago, Achorite said:

This is very, very helpful but I have 2 questions if I may.

1. When you talk about the 900 resources gathered, does that mean resources you gathered outside of the citadel or the ones done while skilling at the citadel?

2. Is there a specific day that the build tick happens or is there some sort of notification because I tend to forget things if not reminded?

Thank you for a most informative guide.

Resources within the citadel from any of the skill plots.  There's a counter there that will track your progress. 

I believe the citadel resets Wednesday evenings. 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, Rafi said:

I believe the citadel resets Wednesday evenings. 

I think we are currently at a Friday afternoon/evening est reset for citadel atm. It has slowly crept forward in the week :sadbanana:

But yeah the resource cap is in the interface, so if you're just going to get the citadel buff and not fully cap just clear the 900 mark (which will give you the message about speaking to the quartermaster for your reward) and then you're good for the week!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice Guide, They changed the location of the Avatar stone, I was looking all around it yesterday hehe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...