What small things Piss you off?

Deathcon

People that don't know how to turn off their brights/hi-beams when driving at night.

People that can't merge properly, especially the ones that are ahead of me, going 55mph when they hit the interstate (speed limit of 70) and there's a semi that didn't bother to change lanes to accomodate us.

The sound of giant bouncy balls being bounced repeatedly. By teenagers.

Families that decide to go shopping for groceries together. It's even worse when 2 or more of them think they need an electric shopping cart and then block entire aisles.

That one woman at work that takes like 3 minutes to get all her shit out of her locker, even though she knows that mine is right below hers and I'm too polite to try to move into her bubble of space to grab my purse.

4 hours ago, Linda said:

People that can't merge properly, especially the ones that are ahead of me, going 55mph when they hit the interstate (speed limit of 70) and there's a semi that didn't bother to change lanes to accomodate us.

Living in the midwest, I'm sure you can appreciate my hatred of the semi going 64 MPH in the left lane to pass the one going 63 MPH in the right lane and slowing down everyone for miles behind them. 

I swear this only happens to me but like if I'm on campus or generally like at a mall or any public place when you are walking behind people and they are going the speed of a snail or the fact that they literally just immediately stop right in front of you...

I will update this after I get home....Mainly because just thinking about all the things that piss me off gives me insane anxiety.

Since I'm going to be driving through UC Davis today:

People who pretend they don't speak English when they do something wrong, don't understand the mechanics/process of something, or just want to get away with something. Listen bitch, you don't have to pretend to not understand English to cut in front of my line for coffee with no regard that there are actually 5 other individuals behind you. You're just rude AF. Yeah, don't look back. I know you hear me. Absolutely no one is looking at you with the eat shit and die face.

Drivers who stop 50 feet before the red light and ponder why the sensor hasn't detected the vehicle and we end up waiting 4 cycles of lights.

People who don't use their turn signals until 5 feet before the turn when they go from 50 to 5 MPH in a second, or not at all.

Bikers who ride on the street instead of their very own designated lane.

People who wait until the light turns yellow to turn because they're too busy texting.

Edited by Devin
On 3/21/2018 at 12:40 PM, Cam L said:

Oh, this is a big one and INFURIATED me in college. THIS IS AMERICA. WE DRIVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD. THIS MEANS YOU WALK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE HALLWAY, SIDEWALK, OR WHAT HAVE YOU. Nobody should have to weave in and out of oncoming traffic when they're walking to or from class.

To go along with this:

People in groups who decide to walk next to each other spanning across the entire sidewalk. Walk in columns or some shit, there are other people here too.

When someone is walking around and on there phone and making no effort to look up to make sure they're not about to walk into someone else. It's not hard to either just put your phone away or if whatever the fuck you're reading is so important, look up every other second to make sure you're not going to collide with someone.

When people are walking right toward me I'll just stop in my tracks and let them walk into me. You're more than welcome to get the fuck out of my way.

On 3/21/2018 at 12:40 PM, Cam L said:

People who ride their bikes on the road but don't think the law applies to them. I can't tell you how many bikers I've seen nearly get hit by cars because they blow through four way stops and think being on a bike gives them right of way everywhere. You aren't a fucking pedestrian when you bike on the road, you are a very slow, annoying, and vulnerable car. If you INSIST on biking in the middle of the lane and aren't going to move over, I am going to tailgate your inconsiderate ass.

Lived in Davis, CA for college and it was a huge bike town - this happened all the damn time. We had police officers monitor intersections on campus and hand out tickets to people who didn't stop at stop signs. And people would get pulled over for BUIs (No, I never got one).

But what gets me more than this are people who bike on the sidewalk, especially when there is a fucking bike lane just for you. The other day I was walking from work to the BART station to catch my train home and some dude was biking on the sidewalk when literally 5 feet to his left there was a bike lane going in the same direction that he was going. The lane is literally for him. But no, he decides to stay on the narrow sidewalk that is being used by people. I'm next to some grass on the side nearest the street - where his fucking lane is - and he tries his damndest to stay on the pavement and not go onto the grass - god forbid! The worst part is there was a family behind me and they had a young daughter that he almost ran into because he refused to move over.

But for me it's just people in general using the sidewalk for things that aren't walking. In SF we've got people on scooters, motorized skateboards/longboards, hover boards, motorized unicycle things. I hate that they're just zipping in and out of foot traffic. Fuck these people.

3 hours ago, Devin said:

Since I'm going to be driving through UC Davis today:

Since I went to school there - driving through downtown Davis is a fucking nightmare. The rest of the city is fine, but downtown is a disaster area.

Edited by Dnovelta

Arg...so the things that irritates me...

*Slow drivers (especially the ones that changes into my lane and goes slower than when they were in the previous lane)

*Bad drivers, especially Asian ones (I'm Chinese, so I kind of have a habit to speed up and check if the bad driver of that vehicle is Asian or not....it's worse when i find out it's an Asian female, they are the ones giving us a bad name, lol)

*When people look at me and then speak to me really slow and loudly.....assuming I don't speak or understand English.

I've had an incident, I went to a furniture store an hour away from where I live. A sale's representative came up to me and said, "THIS      IS      A     COVER    YOU     CAN    PUT     ON      THE    MATTRESS     TO     PREVENT     STAINS.          DO        YOU         UNDERSTAND        ME?        DO     YOU      SPEAK     ENGLISH?"    I just looked at him and said, "Yes, I do speak English, do you?"

Also, I'm kind of OCD....so it bugs me when things aren't organized. I've gone to my friend's nail salon and I organized the nail polish by brand and color.

1 hour ago, Amy6371 said:

*When people look at me and then speak to me really slow and loudly.....assuming I don't speak or understand English.

I've had an incident, I went to a furniture store an hour away from where I live. A sale's representative came up to me and said, "THIS      IS      A     COVER    YOU     CAN    PUT     ON      THE    MATTRESS     TO     PREVENT     STAINS.          DO        YOU         UNDERSTAND        ME?        DO     YOU      SPEAK     ENGLISH?"    I just looked at him and said, "Yes, I do speak English, do you?"

So, I used to live in Cameroon (country in west Africa) and one summer vacation we were back in California (Dublin/Pleasonton area). We were at a Target and my dad was fiddling with the new credit card readers because he hadn't used one in a while, due to living in Cameroon and none of the places accepting credit cards. So, he's talking with the cashier and asking what he's got to do to pay, and mentions that we're on vacation. She looks at me and my little brother (we're half-Filipino, half-white) and just asks "Do they speak English?" and it took every ounce of my being to not make clicking noises as if I grew up in some tribe in Africa.

12 minutes ago, Dnovelta said:

and it took every ounce of my being to not make clicking noises as if I grew up in some tribe in Africa

Missed opportunity. 

lol, it makes me wonder. I'm Chinese and sure I do speak Cantonese and i also understand Mandarin. I've been asked many many times by mainly white people.....this conversation has happened at least a dozen times.

white people: "Oh so how long have you been in America?"

Me: "Since birth"

White People: "Have you gone back to your own country?"

Me: "No"

White People: "Aww, that's sad. You should go and explore your country"

Me: *thinking* "Well, have you gone back to your country? The country your grandparents came from? Whether it be Russia, England, Scotland, Ireland, or where ever your family came from and don't say America, because you're white as can be so I doubt you're a Native American"

White People: "No, but you're being a little mean right now. Are you on your time of the month?"

Me: "Grrr.....fuck off" and i storm away.

20 hours ago, Amy6371 said:

lol, it makes me wonder. I'm Chinese and sure I do speak Cantonese and i also understand Mandarin. I've been asked many many times by mainly white people.....this conversation has happened at least a dozen times.

white people: "Oh so how long have you been in America?"

Me: "Since birth"

Me: "No"

White People: "Aww, that's sad. You should go and explore your country"

Me: *thinking* "Well, have you gone back to your country? The country your grandparents came from? Whether it be Russia, England, Scotland, Ireland, or where ever your family came from and don't say America, because you're white as can be so I doubt you're a Native American"

White People: "No, but you're being a little mean right now. Are you on your time of the month?"

Me: "Grrr.....fuck off" and i storm away.

Lol you must live in the bad part of California. 

One thing I really hate is that some people in Australia call all Americans "Yanks". I grew up in Texas, to us Yank/Yankee is some one who lives in the North western part of the US such as New York and surrounds. It something thats usually used in an offensive manner and makes my blood boil!

Image result for yankee area america map

The British used to call colonialists "Yankee"'s and, as Australia was also a colony of the UK, the that term kind of stuck to describe an American.

Overvoltage
On 3/23/2018 at 2:34 AM, Amy6371 said:

My go-to reply here would probably be along the lines of "yay, casual racism"

Just to make them aware of it. People can be really dense and might not mean to be rude about it