Upgraded Barrows Gear

GNT Patrick

@Beric so if they did 120 combat with gear to match, I would say upgrade it to 85 or 90 right off the bat. Maybe higher depending on the drop rate that they would have at ROTS.

So if the drop rate is like 1/1000 and you need one for each piece of gear, and say it's split into like "Guthan's Heart" or something like that, then I would say 90. Think like this. If there are 4 different items needed like, in this example: Guthan's Strength, Heart, Mind, and Curse??????. 

Say each has a 1/1000 drop rate, then it could be safe to assume that it would be viable to drop the upgrades as tier 90, whereas if the drop rate was 1/250 and each item could be upgraded using the same item, it would be more viable as tier 80/85.

The items would probably have cooler names than that, I was just trying to think of something that could correspond with each item... You know? You could make all of these items tradable, or make them like superior Tetsu and say na, not tradable. Either way it would be pretty cool. 

@BericBasically I want them to be viable, but not to outshine the raid gear. Even though I prefer it to the higher level items out right now, I still feel like it would be legit at around 90,especially if they do plan on going to 120 combat. 

If not, I would still like them at 85. It would still be great. 

To be honest though, you could still have it at 90, just make them have slightly different stats than that of the current tier 90 gear. 

Edited by GNT Patrick

RoTS is already pretty consistent money and rewards t90 armor material. Barrows is such old content that I don't think using it to fill out the tiers more is useful. I supremely doubt they'd bother given the mining and smithing rework is supposedly supposed to fill out some of it already.

I am a fan of upgrade parts for current gear being dropped by new monsters, though.

ROTS is already too easy, too consistent money. Then again while AOD is better money, it still requires 7 people over 4.

Problem is that, how would you sort of balance something like Dharok’s or Guthan’s ever. If Dharok starts hitting too hard, it becomes end choice on easy GWD for example. Not good enough? Well then still no one will ever use it and stick to the ZGS + Khopesh.