What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

Some kids in my 2nd grade class never stopped talking about it, so I decided to give it a shot and loved it ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

when i was 10, a friend of mine that lived up the road talked me into playing...i thought it was the dumbest game ever watching him play it...then when i started. i got hooked....here i am 20 years later XD.....

took a lot of year breaks inbetween. but been consistent this last 1-2 years

Most RPG java games "back in the day".. their chatrooms/forums would block "RS" and "runescape" ..filtered out- game was referred to as "the game we shall not speak of"

Of course i had to see what all that was about.. lol?

..and @vesic ? omg! me too!  those stupid looking phats took up so much room in our small bank- couldnt even vendor them,  -hey. we needed room for our stacks of silver and gold ores!! hehe

Inquisitor02

Started playing back when RuneScape first came out and I was like 8 so I was absolute garbage at the game and after a month or two I gave up because I thought the game was too big and my little brain couldn’t comprehend. Didn’t start playing again till a few years ago. I do remember being at one of the first Christmas events and I got a bunch of Santa hats and other goodies. Sadly I forgot my username and password for that account and have given up on trying to recover it because Jagex doesn’t help much when I don’t remember anything about the account lol. I can only imagine what is on that account. I have been using my current account for about 3-4 years now and I’ve been playing on and off ever since. 

I started playing in 2005, I remembering being completely lost all the time (no one really used YouTube for guides etc back then). There was something contagious about just working things out for yourself or with friends, the grind, seeing places or doing something for the first time etc!

I stopped playing in 2011 ish, I even gave away my account to a guy that loved the game (obviously I regret that now but felt like I was doing a good thing for him at the time), when I came back a few years later I played my wee brothers account and just didn’t stop! 

I was 13 when I first started playing and it was high school friends that got me into it, I’m the only one who still plays it :(

millz

I wanted to play a game where I could be a wizard. RuneScape was the only game that would run on my Windows XP desktop back in 2006.

Believe it or not my dad played when I was younger and I always felt like he was more interested in this game than me, and I wanted to play to know why. I played for a few years and was never really interested in it. I met my boyfriend almost 4 years ago and he played from time to time and I got back on and was actually interested in it this time. I've been back on for just over a year consistently.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was like 10 I saw the sister of my friend playing, so at the time I thought I'd "impress" her by starting to play lol wonder how that worked out :D

16 hours ago, Jokery said:

When I was like 10 I saw the sister of my friend playing, so at the time I thought I'd "impress" her by starting to play lol wonder how that worked out :D

Now I’m intrigued, how did it work out :P

On 8/17/2021 at 9:56 AM, Lena said:

My brother needed a cowhide runner, back in 2004.. I didn't know there was more to the game at the time lol

I could use a bone runner if your feeling nostalgic XD

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw it on miniclip when i was in year 6 in school "i think"

It looked interesting so i decided to click the link and join. Got a couple of friends to join aswell.. but none of them play anymore. :(

I started playing in 2007 when I was 11, people were talking about RS in class and a friend gave me his username and told me to make an account.

Our family was living in the country with no electricity at the time and all we had was a 3g sim card T-Stick with a 2gb/month data allocation and a vista laptop, so the caching system of the game was perfect for my scenario.

First log-in, I was directed straight to the Lumbridge cow field and then to the Al-Kharid bank where I sold the hides. 

I then went on to scam a rune full helm while pretending to be a girl a few weeks later. 

Good times...

I had some good friends at the time when I was in elementary school who got me started playing.

They all had quit sometime shortly after and I am the only one still going strong 15 years later lol

You know... I don't think I've ever shared here.  I started back in 2006, I was just turning 16, and some friends from Diablo brought me over, saying it was an amazing game.  I started playing, and my first night I was dragged to draynor, killed by a spider when I went off on my, panicked completely, then learned that it can all be restarted, you don't have to worry when losing (what would now for me be) nothing.  Left a few years later when there was a major glitch in the game, then came back about 3-4? years ago.  Now I'm addicted to the grind, the levels, the fireworks.