What made you start playing Runescape?

Vesic

Started in 04, because people mentioned it during school. Sounded like a silly game playing it by ear, but boy was i wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

friends introduced me to rune when i was in 7th grade. it was around the time rs came. at school during breaks we used to sneak out to the nearby libary (this wasnt allowed expect during last break of the day and with special premission from teacher) and hope that pc there was free so we could play. now days kids can simply play rs with their phones. UNFAIR! xD

• 1 month later...

I was in 2nd grade and my buddy Adam (who, ironically, I've never seen since that year) told me about this game he and his brothers were playing. He told me how to start by killing Hans and burying his bones over and over again to gain levels, and that if I looked all over I might be able to find this new stuff called "rune ore" that was super rare.

Well, I wasn't great at video games back then (I'm still not), so I spent a couple days killing Hans over and over and eventually got bored and kinda gave up. 

Fast forward to around 2001 and I rediscovered the game and started an account with my buddy that I inevitably changed the password to because he would just sit in edgeville and pick up the 25gp spawn in one of the houses every 3 minutes and did basically nothing else.

I ended up giving the account to my cousin when I went to high school, thinking I'd never play again, but not wanting the work to go to waste.  It's almost eligible for its 20 year cape, and he's been slowly maxing it over the last 15 years.

Then comes 2020 and I figure, fuck it, let start playing again. So here I am. 

Edited by RedV7
Random letters at beginning deleted

Back in 2006 or 2007 my brother started playing it and It was my very first video game! I was 10 at the time, and he was 14. I believe he discovered it because a friend or two at his school were playing it

• 2 weeks later...
DrPhilandChill

Probably a pretty common one, but a lot of my friends were playing it at the time in 4th-5th grade in the computer labs back around 2007. One of my "friends" actually stole my original account back then, I always wonder what happened to it and if it had anything rare.

My next door neighbor, and one of my best friends, was playing this like 17 years ago. He was a noob who used to merch in falador park. He got me into the game and quit soonish afterwards (he went on to hobbo hotel, which I played for a little, was kinda fun but got boring). I made friends online and played it for many years. Then quit for many years, and been back for a few years now!

• 2 weeks later...

One of my neighbors would babysit me as a kid, and he and his brother played Runescape.  One day he logged into the computer and started playing, and I sat there and watched.  Instantly hooked.  Made my account shortly after.  17 years later, here we are.

Hi Im Raine

Runecsape used to be the biggest thing back in the day. I started "playing" in 2006, I remember because the UI wasn't as modernised/smooth as it is now. 

I say "playing", cause I was only 7 years old at the time, haha. Fast forward to 2021, I quit Oldschool and started playing RS3! 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, swhifi said:

Friends I used to play diablo 2 with.

@Xtrm and I used to play the HELL out of some D2. Are you playing the remastered game coming out soonish?

10 hours ago, Jaybear said:

@Xtrm and I used to play the HELL out of some D2. Are you playing the remastered game coming out soonish?

I am not, I kinda gave up with blizzard games for the most part.

Had a friend who after school would rush to his pc to play this new game he was shown. well he got me hooked and we played for like 6 years together lol been history for me since

Back in middle school, everyone in my computer lab was playing a game they all called run escape. I looked it up when I got home from school and tried it out. It took me a while to learn that it wasn't actually pronounced run escape. I miss those days tho. And now all my school friends quit this game, and I am still here :')

Man its hard to remember, it was like 17 years ago when I first played. I believe a family friend that my mom was living with at the time introduced it to me.