What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Aeterna

I've really been digging a band called Scars on Broadway lately. System of a Down guitarist Daron Malakian started Scars around 2006. I think it was right around the time that System went on hiatus after Hypnotize was released.

51 minutes ago, I Seb I said:

lil Uzi - Patek ... Huge rap fan, wondering if anyone else is in this clan as well?

Rap is definitely a genre I've always wanted to explore further. Some folks I enjoy (in a rather casual sense) include: Tech N9ne, Aesop Rock, Hopsin, and Brother Ali. What would you consider to be some of your essential rap albums?

I'm borin in 95 so im more of a fan of new school rap (which old school rap fans would laugh about) but its just my preference. I started listening to R & B and rap when T-pain, Akon, Lil Wayne blew up in the mid to late 2000's. Now I listen to Drake, Future, Young Thug, Lil Uzi, Migos, Kodak, Lil yatchy etc. It's definitely a very wide range of music give it a try and see what you like!

On 5/20/2021 at 12:05 AM, TullyCicero said:

What would you consider to be some of your essential rap albums?

If you haven’t already, highly recommend J Cole’s new album “The Off-Season”.  It’s been my go to for music since it came out this past week. If you enjoy it then really just explore any of his other albums! Kendrick Lamar is another great artist to listen to. Anything from “To Pimp a Butterfly”, “Damn” or “Good kid maad city” would be highly recommended by a lot of rap/r&b fans! If you like any of that stuff I’d be happy to share some more ?