Anyone else WFH due to virus?

AmusedDragon

Currently back to work today for the week.. Weds. Thurs. Fri.

My tasks are to sanitize the already sanitized rooms that I cleaned / sanitized Thursday and then sprayed woth disinfectants on Friday.

I have to sanitize 18 rooms by Friday. 

I understand its young kids.. But I already did all this. Im wasting....

Solutions/electricity/my own time/ gas / etc...

I'm part of the :: still get paid even if I'm not working because the virus :: group of nys employees.

at least ive got time to spend to myself rather than be at home listening to my kids listening to old town road on repeat I guess.

I will continue to work no matter what since I work as a Nurse Assistant at the hospital.  However, this pandemic has greatly affected my schooling.  It is now home-based as we are no longer allowed to have face-to-face instruction for the remainder of the semester.  This will greatly impact programs like mine that are heavily hands-on; they cannot just make everything online.  I wonder how other lab-based classes are coping.  Jobs and organizations that issue certifications require x amount of lab hours to obtain employment/certification, so I worry that I will not be fully graduated (and able to apply for board certification) at my current anticipated graduation date due to needing to still do clinical rotations in laboratory environments.  I am extremely thankful that I am not financially impacted like other people (still able to work & have an income), but damn this does suck.  I thought I was in the home stretch for finally graduating, but nope, it's gonna be a bumpy ride getting my final months of schooling (which I had started chipping away at back when I was in Gladz!) done. :dunno:

As a manager, I will be working even if we shut down the store. WE will more than likely move to online only for the time being if things worsen. Thankful to not be loosing out too much pay, but could use a break from the madness. It is such an odd and unfortunate situation mixed with a ton of emotion for pretty much everyone...

Edited by Roby
Just now, Beric said:

I always thought I'd enjoy being a hermit...right up until I had to be one :jade:

we can scape it up and still be socially distant

win/win?

25 minutes ago, Kristi said:

I feel like we are in the purge movie or something, the way our phones simultaneously went off telling us all to stay the fuck home :L

i was on the phone with comcast when that happened, so i never saw it. got my bill reduced by 20 a month.

2 hours ago, Beric said:

I always thought I'd enjoy being a hermit...right up until I had to be one :jade:

For real, this sounded great until I actually had to do it. 

Personally i get to work remotely from home till the end of April at least :)

With that being said time for some serious rs gains! 

Well, we got told we are WFH 'until further notice' (past march 31st), no idea how long it's going to last. I like WFH, and I like no commute, BUT, even I would like to come in every now and again just to get away from home, heh.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:15 PM, Bobby said:

im out of work for at least 3 weeks right now. State of michigan just shut down

I'm sorry to hear. Are you being taken care of by the company or are they telling you to collect unemployment?

5 hours ago, Guthixslave9 said:

Personally i get to work remotely from home till the end of April at least :)

With that being said time for some serious rs gains! 

I sense the virus will do wonders for online gaming in general, especially for the Archaeology release...

On 3/24/2020 at 12:14 AM, Cam L said:

For real, this sounded great until I actually had to do it. 

It's great to WFH. It sucks that movie theaters, restaurants, and fun things in general are shut down or only working at like 5% capacity.

I'm some how expected to be a vice-principal while working at home, so not sure what that means. 

Lately it meant rekindling the old runescape account and sleeping until 1pm.

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

I'm sorry to hear. Are you being taken care of by the company or are they telling you to collect unemployment?

unemployment. with the boost in unemployment thanks to the law trump signed however, ill be fine. I did save a little bit incase something like this happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm curious how folks are holding up now.

It's been nearly 4 months since @AmusedDragon made this post. Are any of you still working from home? Has your situation gotten better or worse?

As for me things are starting to open up more. Even my kids daycare will begin again next week after an almost 4 month hiatus. But my work is still mostly at home. I actually work with First Nation communities in Canada, but all the communities I work with are still on lock down. I still don't anticipate working in a community till maybe the end of summer, if that.

I will say caring for the kiddo while working is the most challenging. But at least I get to spend more time with the little one. :)

22 minutes ago, thegreatwha said:

So I'm curious how folks are holding up now.

It's been nearly 4 months since Amused made this post. Are any of you still working from home? Has your situation gotten better or worse?

As for me things are starting to open up more. Even my kids daycare will begin again next week after an almost 4 month hiatus. But my work is still mostly at home. I actually work with First Nation communities in Canada, but all the communities I work with are still on lock down. I still don't anticipate working in a community till maybe the end of summer, if that.

I will say caring for the kiddo while working is the most challenging. But at least I get to spend more time with the little one. :)

Still working from home and I will be until at least early August. Cases have started spiking here so our company has paused on bringing more folks back in for now. Given the protests, the state opening back up, and people being careless during the holidays I can totally see another 1-3 months going by while still working from home. 

It's going to be extremely weird once things return to a normal working routine :lol: 

Really wish this would end soon though because after 4 months I am really wanting to go back to my normal pay :stopit:  ( I know I am one of the lucking ones so it definitely could be worse).

I’m about 50/50 now. The event business I run is still down for the count, and the earliest it might start up again is October. At the rate things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if hosts end up cancelling through 2020 though. New bookings for the future have also evaporated entirely. 
In the meantime I’ve been helping the owner oversee the retail team (Remotely) and building out and organization the new basement we’re renting for storage. That’s been nice as I was able to do it mostly solo and have an audiobook on. 

Back to business as usual in New Zealand, we had a 12 week term (very tiring) but it is now the school holidays (Term Break) so I am on "non-contact" time for 2 weeks.  

We went into full lock down in March for like 7 weeks. I was lucky and received my regular salary for the duration of the lock down. I was WFH but teaching 5 year olds online is not really plausible (they don't understand how to use devices properly hahaha) so I sent a lot of books, worksheets and hands on activities parents could do at home. I also made instructional videos for my students (cringe)

We are currently at covid alert level 1 and all of the cases we have are from overseas (nz citizens and permanent residents returning) and they are all in managed isolation; there is no community transmission at present :D 

4 hours ago, thegreatwha said:

Are any of you still working from home?

Currently WFH til October at the minimum.