Covid Conspiracy Theories

Mynamehere12

What are your favorite conspiracy theories specifically centered around covid? It doesn't have to be something you believe, but maybe something you have heard that's funny, maybe thought provoking, etc.

My favorite is that the whole thing is a ploy to make arrest on serveral celebrities as well as some of the "deep state" people who have been involved in some sort of huge sex trafficing ring. 

By the way, I hope this is the right place to post this. I was not completely sure where to start this conversation, but thought it would be interesting to see what other's have heard.

Edited by Mynamehere12
42 minutes ago, Mynamehere12 said:

By the way, I hope this is the right place to post this. I was not completely sure where to start this conversation, but thought it would be interesting to see what other's have heard.

It wasn't, but it's all good, I moved it for you :) 

I'll be honest with you here. My answer is none of them. 

There are people dying of this, and then you get morons like the conspiracy theorists spouting a lot of rubbish that could well lead to more people dying. 

And don't get me started on the supposed "men of god" selling Covid-19 "cures" to the gullible. Makes me sick

I don't believe in any covid conspiracy theories personally. A lot of people I know believe that it was purposely lab created to kill off the old people though

It's hard to play favorites when fresh conspiracies come out on an almost daily basis to distract from the due blame to the Trump administration for the abysmal failure to sufficiently act when intervention would have been most critical. The initial conspiracy was that the virus "is [the democrats'] new hoax" to blame on Trump. This conspiracy was pushed at a critical moment when taking assertive leadership would have been most critical (not just closing Chinese travel). That leadership was lost amid constant attempts to blame anything that moved.

While Rome burned and continues to burn, Trump continues to pass off new conspiracies to blame anyone the mind can imagine besides himself. Or even just conjectures pure nonsense during his attempts at demonstrating that his administration has this under complete control, such as hypothesizing during his public briefings that injecting bleach or UV light might "clean out" the body of the virus. Then telling the baldfaced lie that his comments were sarcastic and directed to someone video evidence demonstrates they weren't.

There's also the conspiracy that Dr. Fauci is working to undermine the president. Which, on a daily basis, we see play out in Trump's actions as he continuously contradicts the recommendations of his own task force. 

I'm tired of conspiracies. They're just antagonistic to truth, and we need a bit more truth right now.

Edited by Seike
MumblinDurbo

In agreement with lots of the folks above me in the thread, this is a terrible situation and many people have suffered and died from it, so it is rather horrific to see the amount of incorrect information that folks tout about something that is likely a naturally occurring mutation of a common illness that happens to affect people far more aggressively than past mutations.

That said my favorite conspiracy is that Dogs started corona so that their owners would be home with them more and have more head scritches. 

Not so much conspiracies as people being idiots, but we have a dog park next to our apartment that is always full of people not staying 6 feet apart and playing/petting with everyone else's dogs because "dogs can't get coronavirus" as if that immunity would spread to their owners.

Also drinking bleach has kept me in relatively good health.

• 1 month later...

I have a very of my own that i believe first of all i don't really believe that this virus just suddenly started randomly during an election year and the reason our president is adamant about sending these stimulus checks with his signature and why he is pushing so hard to get a second one set out, also just so happen to be the same year and hilary is on trail for her email fraud years ago, To me i believe that the virus was cooked up in a lab and released to avert attention from the clinton trails and trump wants to get everyone to releact him for sending out these checks, just honestly seems like too much of a coincidence that with these two major things going to for a virus to just randomly populate.

Also dont believe that its as serious given the CDC has come out and made a public apology on fibbing some numbers to make it seem worse then it is, and also doesn't say how many elderly with already underlying health problems have died WITH the virus not FROM the virus nor do they really share just how many people have actually recovered from the virus.

(judge me as you wish these are my personal opinion lol) 

To clarify one essential point of confusion: the effect of the CDC erroneously combining viral and antibody test data actually lead to an effect in the opposite direction of what you're suggesting: the mix up meant it seemed like we were doing much more viral testing than we were. What we assumed to be good news about a low percentage of positive tests (leading states towards opening up) was often wrongly interpreted due to this error. 

People recover from the virus and that data is freely available on every database publishing statistics. Though it's helpful to know, the fact that water evaporates is not usually the most important fact to remind people of in a hurricane.

Edited by Seike

Wait.... So you're telling me 5g towers causing Covid is a conspiracy theory.... I'm shocked. 

But in all seriousness none of them, the more I look into Covid the more I see how serious it is. I've never been one to take precautions against things but I made an exception for this. Sure the masks are annoying to wear and having to motivate my employees to sanitize all their work stations is a chore but it's worth it for the greater good. Especially if it means even one person doesn't contract the disease that otherwise normally would have.