Tell me about your job!

SippySenpai

7 hours ago, Devin said:

I work in the medical field. I deal with stupid shit all day, every day - and it's usually never dull.

No way, I’ve worked a couple different positions in the medical field. I get it, patients can be shitty, colleagues can be shitty, the company/hospital you work for can be shitty. Tbh it’s was more of a mess than I feel people think it is, but I guess everywhere has their problems...

@Ox 1899 It sounds like you work at quite a store. Never a dull moment there huh?

@Quixsot I’m jealous that you’ve been able to see so much of the world! Like you said, really puts in to perspective things the things that get taken granted of. Sorry to hear about your condition. I know those things aren’t easily dealt with, but you seem to be doing alright. Always here to chat and play some runescape! :)

I'm a Aviation Electronics Technician in the US Navy. I've been on one deployment on a Cruiser and multiple underways on an aircraft carrier. I've never been to another country in my adult life due COVID first showed its face during my deployment. So, I got to see a lot of water... lots and lots of water.

My job consists of wire cable repair, corrosion treatment, removing and replacing critical avionics on aircraft. The best part of this job is that it doesn't limit me to one specific aircraft. I currently work on MH-60R Seahawk Helicopters, which relies heavily on the avionics working properly for it to do the job it's required to do.

11 hours ago, SippySenpai said:

No way, I’ve worked a couple different positions in the medical field. I get it, patients can be shitty, colleagues can be shitty, the company/hospital you work for can be shitty. Tbh it’s was more of a mess than I feel people think it is, but I guess everywhere has their problems...

@Ox 1899 It sounds like you work at quite a store. Never a dull moment there huh?

@Quixsot I’m jealous that you’ve been able to see so much of the world! Like you said, really puts in to perspective things the things that get taken granted of. Sorry to hear about your condition. I know those things aren’t easily dealt with, but you seem to be doing alright. Always here to chat and play some runescape! :)

To be fair, 99% of the customers are great, but when it blows up, it really seems to blow up :P

My official title is a ' Laborer ' at a local school in New York ( not trash city either )

But basically im a glorified Janitor that also paints \ Fixes shit \ deals with some electrical.

As of today, the kids have been in school 1 day, and i've already cleaned up about 1lb of glitter, and scraped at least 50 desks that were front to back glue stick... :facepalm2:

40 minutes ago, Shepherdc said:

My official title is a ' Laborer ' at a local school in New York ( not trash city either )

But basically im a glorified Janitor that also paints \ Fixes shit \ deals with some electrical.

As of today, the kids have been in school 1 day, and i've already cleaned up about 1lb of glitter, and scraped at least 50 desks that were front to back glue stick... :facepalm2:

back in my day, we used to eat the glue stick... not waste it on some desk! 

4 hours ago, Shepherdc said:

We have one of those we call him the “caretaker” also my kids cut the glue sticks up with scissors and I have to clean them myself :jade: I can’t imagine scraping the desks

On 9/10/2020 at 12:53 PM, SippySenpai said:

lemme tell ya, I could only have the exact same conversation with so many people each and every day haha

That's how I feel everyday when I have to tell customers over and over how the 65 inch tv they bought will not fit in their mid size sedan lol

7 hours ago, Maggie said:

We have one of those we call him the “caretaker” also my kids cut the glue sticks up with scissors and I have to clean them myself :jade: I can’t imagine scraping the desks

I literally have Z3Drq0fo5oy.JPG one of these, which just makes the razor blade face forward for easier scraping. JUST for gluesticks.

Because some cockbag, decided GOES ON PURPLE DRIES CLEAR was a great idea.. know what happens when you wipe a desk?! .... it makes the glue NOT DRY and they glow purple!

I'm a zookeeper. Taking care of the animals who are well willing. Cleaning up after asshole animals; tranquilizing/stunning some here and there. Seen some pretty bad shit; all sorts of ill animals and dead animals. I've been working regular zookeeping, was in a team that worked more discrete zookeeping and in a team that was being called when animals were out of control.
As of shortly I changed zoo. Now I work in a zoo that has a say in wether or not certain animals are allowed into our zoos and if maybe some animals have to be transferred back to another zoo. Also when we get information animals are being exploited we get a call to act upon.

A zookeeper? That’s pretty interesting. I’m sure you’ve seen some sad stuff, not every zoo is the best to their animals and not every animal is happy and healthy. Do you have a favorite animal at the zoo? @Minikillers

I currently work for Fedex Ground part time while trying to finish my degree that I should of already been done with. Chewy boxes suck.

Edited by aPrayer
9 hours ago, SippySenpai said:

I must ask @aPrayer what is a chewy box? What are you working to get your degree in?

Chewy is a company that sells pet supplies but they suck because they will load a box with 100lbs of dog/cat food and their boxes are so cheaply made they often fall apart while in transit. Im currently majoring in mechanical engineering.

Mechanical engineer? That’s awesome. My roommate in college ended up going on to be a mechanical engineer! I could never understand all the math. 

What a mess... of course they need to save some money on packaging. I’d lose my patience real quick as bags of food bust out of those boxes. Hopefully you can finish your degree and get out of the delivery game