NHL/NBA playoffs

Red Rat17

I know we're from all over, but I know we have quite a few friends up in Canada, so with the NHL playoffs starting, just curious whose yalls teams are. 

I was born and raised up in Dallas, so the Stars are taking on the Calgary Flames, and the Mavericks are going to be against either the Clippers or Nuggets. 

I'm not too confident in either team, but the Mavericks are at least young. I think Calgary wins in 6, and the Mavs lose in 5. What about yall? Who do yall have? 

Who do I have to win or who is my team?

I am a big Heat fan. I enjoy watching the NHL, but don't really have a team.

Bucks are probably the favorite in the East, and one of the LA teams in the West.

I’m an NJ Devils fan so my input doesn’t count, but I would love to see the Carolina Hurricanes take it to the finals at least.  I just enjoy their organization since moving down NC.

For basketball, I’d like to see the Lakers take it.  I feel Lebron has too many haters and I wouldn’t be against him shutting them up. (But that’s only because the Nets are shit this year)

Don't follow NHL at all, somewhat follow the NBA but not as much as I used too. Have pretty good confidence in the Celtics this year, only like them because I'm originally from Boston and you never really stop liking Boston teams if you're from there...... think it's written in the bible or something :shrug:

1 hour ago, Moto Bro said:

I just have one question. Is the crowd empty or full of cardboard cutouts like in Baseball?

Unlike MLB, both the NHL and NBA are doing a hub city/"bubble" system. All of the NBA games are being played at Disney World in Florida, and the NHL has the eastern conference playing in Toronto and the western conference playing in Edmonton. There are no fans at any of those sites (but they aren't doing cardboard cutouts, either).

I'm a Minnesota sports fan, so the Wild are my team in the NHL. Ideally I would've liked to see them play an entertaining series against Vancouver (which they kind of did?), lose (which they definitely did), and win the draft lottery (which they definitely didn't). I clearly didn't have high hopes for them, and the team simply isn't built to go all the way right now, so I'm fine with them losing and taking a better draft pick. I'll enjoy watching the rest of the playoffs with no rooting interest and hoping all of my team's rivals lose. It'd be really fun to see Carolina make a deep run again, they're a very likeable team. I think the NBA is garbage and genuinely don't know how anyone finds it remotely entertaining. 

12 hours ago, Wolf said:

i've enjoyed every minute of hockey so far even if it's just some highlights from some games :reporter:

it's nice to get some sports back in mein life HOOOHAAAA! 

:3 

So, I'm from Washington State and by default am a Seahawks/Mariners/Supersonics (rip) fan. I suppose you can throw in there other Seattle-based teams. 

So yeah, now that the Sonic's have been long out, I haven't had much of an NBA team to root for. So now I always default to college. Being from Western Washington, you can probably guess which team I'm rooting for come March.

And NHL wise, we got a new team! :P

8 minutes ago, thegreatwha said:

Seahawks

I am not a huge fan of sports but i do support the seahawks :P 

32 minutes ago, thegreatwha said:

And NHL wise, we got a new team! :P

With arguably the sickest logo in the league! 

Stars and Calgary series has been okay so far. Boston and Carolina has been absolutely nuts to watch though. I missed sports so much