Amazon Prime Day

Moto Bro

I picked up some Apple Airpods for $115 and a few other things during the big Prime Day sale. I've never owned any wireless or "pod" style earphones before so I hope they're worth it. Anyone else pick up anything from the sale? 

Airpods for $115 if anyone's interested, only 5 hours left. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PXGQC1Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, I bought fire tablets for both my mom and dad - figured they'd like them since you can do kindle/e-reader stuff as well as watch netflix, etc.

12 minutes ago, Afternine said:

Yeah, I bought fire tablets for both my mom and dad - figured they'd like them since you can do kindle/e-reader stuff as well as watch netflix, etc.

I've actually never owned a tablet before either. I've considered getting an iPad or Surface but they're both pretty expensive for what you get. 

1 minute ago, Moto Bro said:

I've actually never owned a tablet before either. I've considered getting an iPad or Surface but they're both pretty expensive for what you get. 

I used to be of the mindset that I would never use a tablet if I bought one.. but now I take mine everywhere. And the fire tablets aren't too bad if you load the google play store on to them. IDK why they chose to do their own thing, the amazon store sucks.

As one who works in a small business, I encourage you to support your local stores that the pandemic has massacred rather than Amazon which has doubled its profits on pandemic shoppers. There is a real cost to the artificially low prices on Amazon. 

On 10/15/2020 at 1:13 AM, Rafi said:

As one who works in a small business, I encourage you to support your local stores that the pandemic has massacred rather than Amazon which has doubled its profits on pandemic shoppers. There is a real cost to the artificially low prices on Amazon. 

Amazon Prime Day is a once a year 48 hour sale that's similar to Black Friday in terms of how big the discounts can be on certain items. Shopping online limits social contact during the pandemic so I've been doing it a lot lately, even if I just order something online and pick it up curbside. I have to take care of an elderly family member so I try to avoid going out as much as possible. I still do my grocery shopping at a local store though. I also just bought some stuff from local hardware store. The owner works there with his wife, they're very friendly people. 

Edited by Moto Bro