Everyday + work + Rs Laptop

Alexleon13

Hey guys, will be throwing my lenovo out the window soon.. had it for 6 years it has taken a beating and it's becoming mad slow. Looking to upgrade to an everyday laptop preferably 14-15 inches that allows some flexibility of work (nothing pixel professional) and playing RS. Was looking at Macbook pro with M1 chip but 13 inches would suck playing RS, also looked at the surface pro with AMD not to shabby but doesn't beat the M1 processor.. Would love to get rec on the best laptions for this mix and your thoughts!

I haven’t looked into the newest Mac line so may be out of date. I’m a lifelong Mac user but wouldn’t recommend a low end Mac for gaming if that’s a primary purpose - if I recall they don’t have separate dedicated graphics memory or whatever the term is and aren’t designed for intensive gaming. I believe you have to go to one of the 15” size for that - it’ll say on the specs if there is separate ram for graphics. once again I don’t know if that has changed though.

I am playing on a five year old 13 inch MacBook Pro (thus no dedicated graphics ram).  Computer itself still works like a champ other than less battery life as expected. It’s fine for RuneScape, but I usually play on low graphics to reduce lag (and I largely don’t care about game graphics). 

13 hours ago, Alexleon13 said:

Yes, max I'm willing to pay is $1300

Does it have to be a laptop? Do you need portability?

You could build a pretty good PC with 1300 bucks.

2 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Does it have to be a laptop? Do you need portability?

You could build a pretty good PC with 1300 bucks.

Depending on the work and just to be used for Rs alone. 1300 build may be overkill. Though I do agree. Unless you need the portability. Better to build a rig for that much