How many cheeseburgers?

Kate

56 minutes ago, Rafi said:

Careful Hess. She may actually tell you more! 

All I will say is it wasn't worth it, but also was worth it because I won.

30 minutes ago, Windynights said:

Winning is the ultimate prize

3 hours ago, Windynights said:

Competition is everything. 

• 1 month later...

I used to do the food challenges at restaurants. If we're talking single cheeseburgers here. In an hour I know I can easily eat upwards of 5lbs of food. McDonald's hamburgers are 1/10th lb patties before the cheese/bun/condiments. So, the smart move would be to remove the buns first and eat around 15 patties, then start taking down the buns to minimize the time for them to expand in your stomach. You could then probably mix in another 5 or so as you're eating the buns, just so you don't get sick of the taste of bread. 

I know in my teens I once at 4 quad stackers from burger King in about 20 minutes, which would be 16 patties, but only 4 buns. 

So my guess is 20, but that would probably be more realistic around 5-10 years ago.

12 hours ago, RedV7 said:

I used to do the food challenges at restaurants. If we're talking single cheeseburgers here. In an hour I know I can easily eat upwards of 5lbs of food. McDonald's hamburgers are 1/10th lb patties before the cheese/bun/condiments. So, the smart move would be to remove the buns first and eat around 15 patties, then start taking down the buns to minimize the time for them to expand in your stomach. You could then probably mix in another 5 or so as you're eating the buns, just so you don't get sick of the taste of bread. 

I know in my teens I once at 4 quad stackers from burger King in about 20 minutes, which would be 16 patties, but only 4 buns. 

So my guess is 20, but that would probably be more realistic around 5-10 years ago.

That's impressive! Cheeseburger math is as funny to me as pizza math. 

What's the craziest food challenge you've done? Food is my passion so I'm dying to hear about this kinda stuff. ?

1 hour ago, Kate said:

What's the craziest food challenge you've done?

Actual food challenge?

Probably the "Dagwood" challenge. 3lbs of meat on a sandwich and a lb of fries. But I wanted to get rid of the pickles and onions at the time, so they added another 1/2 lb of meat. Unfortunately, it was really bad tasting and so I didn't finish just because of the taste.

Unofficial is the Thurmanator. Which is this

https://www.foodchallenges.com/challenges/thurman-cafes-thurmanator-burger-challenge-columbus/

But I did it without the mushrooms or banana peppers.

There's a local one where I live now that's a 5lb burrito that I wanna try. I also used to do the ultra spicy wings and stuff.

Honestly, I'm mad at myself for doing these things when i was younger, it set me up for bad eating habits that I still struggle with today. I'm slowly working to change myself, but it set a foundation that will take years to truly fix.

Whenever I was 17 I was able to down about 12 of them on my birthday, I don't think that's changed too much so I will just go with 12.

On 5/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, RedV7 said:

Honestly, I'm mad at myself for doing these things when i was younger, it set me up for bad eating habits that I still struggle with today. I'm slowly working to change myself, but it set a foundation that will take years to truly fix.

I can understand what you mean by that. I wish you luck on changing those habits. It can definitely be a struggle. 

1 hour ago, Nyanpurr said:

Whenever I was 17 I was able to down about 12 of them on my birthday, I don't think that's changed too much so I will just go with 12.

That's a super respectable number xD 

In the spirit of competition I'd like to think I could do 15. I can imagine myself crushing 6 or 7 in a few minutes and then slowing down, but over the course of an hour I feel like it wouldn't be the most difficult thing. Probably not the most fun or tasty challenge, but maybe after a long workout and a bit of intermittent fasting even higher than 15 might be achievable. If I get some good tip money over the next week and a half I'll test it out over the following weekend!

On 6/2/2021 at 9:30 AM, Caedis said:

I ate a 50 piece chicken nuggets and was still hungry.  You do the math.

When they first came out, I once ate almost 100 chicken fries from burger king.

28 minutes ago, zinker said:

all about the skyline cheese coneys.... 

cheeseburgers are for rookies

What is a skyline cheese Coney