Time for godsword

Nanaki47

So I just reached lvl 75 melee and can now choose a godsword. Thing is, they all look great and super expensive haha. What would be the better choice? Or would it just be better to push to 80 for new gear? 

Unfortunately, godswords are kind of outdated. I would say push to 80 attack and then you can use Bane +4 weapons for very cheap. I can even make you some Bane +4 weps for free.

28 minutes ago, ms jenni said:

Unfortunately, godswords are kind of outdated. I would say push to 80 attack and then you can use Bane +4 weapons for very cheap. I can even make you some Bane +4 weps for free.

Ahh really? They look so cool though haha. Yeah honestly with this double xp going on, I'm sure I can get to 80 by tonight or tomorrow. And thanks for the offer! I might have to take you up on that. 

I was thinking the armadyl gs but I think I'll just save.. still have to buy the armadyl armor. 

If your bent on using one, getting 70 agility for saradomin boss is worth making it the passive version for some healing/prayer restore.

Otherwise at 150qp you can get a t75 weapon that can change to any style for free from the quest point shop by varrock lodestone.

25 minutes ago, Nanaki47 said:

Ahh really? They look so cool though haha. Yeah honestly with this double xp going on, I'm sure I can get to 80 by tonight or tomorrow. And thanks for the offer! I might have to take you up on that. 

I was thinking the armadyl gs but I think I'll just save.. still have to buy the armadyl armor. 

Yeah, just lemme know! Bane is super cheap.

1 hour ago, Deathcon said:

If your bent on using one, getting 70 agility for saradomin boss is worth making it the passive version for some healing/prayer restore.

Otherwise at 150qp you can get a t75 weapon that can change to any style for free from the quest point shop by varrock lodestone.

This ^. Saradomin gs is OP for the mid-level slayer grind. Used it until I got a lance

Yeah after reading up on them a bit the saradomin definitely sounds like the better option. Probably why it's 9m compared to 1-3 haha. I'll just hold off until 80, it's flying by at this point and the abyssal whip/necro combo is doing fine for now. I don't mind buying the bane weapons off ya. Just got a forsaken ammy to drop, so I'm thinking about selling it and upgrading some of my gear. 

Honestly, I still have an augmented Saradomin Godsword in my bank. I use it as a switch at low level bosses like GWD1 to save on food. I can go in there with Zero food even when I was in 80s combat stats and survive. Kills might not be as fast, but I was there for GP and XP back then. At 75, if you're not doing GWD2 or above content, then a GS would actually be useful. Free healing at slayer tasks to never need food if you don't have soul split too. 

For a mid-level account, probably worth it honestly 

Hmm I might have to look into it a bit more then. Healing/food seems to be my only problem lately. Just got to combat lvl104. I'd have to go lvl agility to 70 though wouldn't I? Shits only 42? Might have to just bite the bullet and get the blood fury amulet to hold me until I get soul split. My prayer is barely like 60 so that'll be a while. 

@Nanaki47try Vyres. Great combat and prayer and fire exp an hour. If you have seedicide, it's also good farming exp. I had it mapped out to averages at some point since I've done rought 100 hours at vyres

It's about 350k combat exp.

100k farming exp with seedicide over 72 farming I think?

Prayer and fire making exp boosted with morytania legs 4, but if not I think they're around 250k/hour

Yeah vyres definitely seem like a great idea, but the reqs are a bit much. I think I have 5/20 of those quests done haha. I need to take one of these days off next week and just focus on getting quest done. My equipment selection is getting very thin.. 

Saradomin Godsword, especially passive, is great for low to mid level slayer. Free heals and free prayer restores will never go out of style.

Damn.. yeah I'm really gonna have to get one. When dbl exp hits I'm gonna focus on agility and herblore, try and get them both 70+. Wait, do I have to have 70 agility to make the weapons passive, or just to fight the boss? Cuz I can just buy the weapon right?

14 hours ago, Nanaki47 said:

Damn.. yeah I'm really gonna have to get one. When dbl exp hits I'm gonna focus on agility and herblore, try and get them both 70+. Wait, do I have to have 70 agility to make the weapons passive, or just to fight the boss? Cuz I can just buy the weapon right?

You have to enter Zilyana's room and survive long enough to touch the altar. You can teleport out after that, you don't have to fight her.