Mobile

GNT Patrick

Hey guys, figured with the IOS version of Runescape coming out, I'd ask everyone what they prefer to train/do on mobile? Hopefully this gives IOS users a basic idea of what is reasonably accomplishable on the mobile platform. I've had mobile for about 2 months now and I use it ALL THE TIME at work....probably more-so than is healthy, but who is counting. The list of things I've done on mobile are:

1. Maxed Woodcutting
  2. Maxed Fishing
  3. Maxed Mining
  4. Training at Runespan (The "I hate my life skill" - Runecrafting) currently 89/99
  5. GWD1 bosses just to try it
  6. QBD (Animation for fires didn't work so it scared the living shit out of me)
  7. Araxxi - I DO NOT recommend this.... I just dont lol
Edited by GNT Patrick

I should also point out my favorite parts about mobile as well.

1. I dont feel the "need" to work on skills since I can just do it afk from work
  2. More time for things I ENJOY doing on the game when I'm on PC
  3. Easy EXP (don't need to be efficient if its essentially free exp)
  4. Chat box can be removed so you dont have to see it at all, which helps take away from my need to check the chat every once in awhile since I'm supposed to be "working

Tips for people starting on Mobile:

1. Turn on the Battery Saver Mode - You'll want to see the nice graphics but your battery will thank you as well as your phone since it will heat up to the point you want to drop it.
  2. Tap for left click - hold for right click
  3. when moving around the map, either click on the map to move, or just hide the map and backpack/skills tabs and move that way.
  4. When skilling, zoom the camera in as much as possible to save battery - sounds stupid, but its less "rendering" your phone has to do, In Priff while mining Seren Stone, zoomed out used about 90% of the battery on my phone in 90 minutes, but zoomed in used 90% in 110 minutes. (Results may vary)
  5. Unless you're a God at PVM, don't fight high level bosses, its not easy, and its not fun, at least it wasn't for me.
  6. Try everything, whether you like it or not is completely up to you. Don't take my word for it, you might like Araxxi at 200% enrage on a laggy phone. It might be more of a "Challenge" that way lol. 
35 minutes ago, ms jenni said:

@GNT PatrickThanks for making this topic! I had no idea what to expect from mobile, but after reading this I definitely feel more informed.

Of course! I was a little hesitant to start it since I've played on PC this entire time lol. But its honestly pretty nice having it on my phone too. 

2 minutes ago, GNT Patrick said:

Of course! I was a little hesitant to start it since I've played on PC this entire time lol. But its honestly pretty nice having it on my phone too. 

Yeah, I will definitely be checking it out. Maybe afk some stuff while watching some movies away from the PC, who knows. I definitely don't wanna be 24/7nonstop plugged into RS though :P

• 1 month later...

I assume that a normal tablet is fine to run this or do I need something extra special to make it work?  Android of course I do not do Apple.

Solaricc

18 hours ago, Solaricc said:

I assume that a normal tablet is fine to run this or do I need something extra special to make it work?  Android of course I do not do Apple.

Solaricc

Should be fine, better quality hardware will yeild better results, but my phone does fine.

I afked 120 thieving/ firemaking at work (last year) using mobile. Did 99 mining/smithing, div at HOM partially on mobile for my iron. 

I find anything I need to move around or click a lot for is generally better suited to do on PC than on mobile. It's also really bad for being social because it's so hard to message people and it gets stuck on pming a person SO MUCH. So if you want to talk in cc but you've been pming you have to reload the app to get it unstuck. 

Ports is amazing to do on mobile because it will give you push notifications when your ships return even if you're logged into computer so you can't miss it. 

I legit only existed on mobile for a while. Got a shit bag pc and an alright pc now. 

Rs mobile is great for the parents if the clans too. When your 2 year-old wants to leave the room for no reason it isn't an argument of bring busy. You just take it with you and afk skill.

I actually love RS mobile because I bait people into trying RuneScape at work via the beta. iOS will just up my success rate

Cons would be:

•Switching to wiki/RS can be painful 

•Like kate mentioned, unsociable AF.

•Brays the battery ?

•Phones hardware, my phone decides 3 active windows is enough and shuts my 3/4th. So god forbid I get a text, a FB message while I'm on the wiki and it's fuck off RuneScape...

Other than that 9/10 would visit again!

Edited by 1Bod
punkichick2

I am so ready for mobile for days as work when I could just be playing that instead of doing nothing!! Thank you for the good ideas on certain skills! 

• 1 month later...

I've been mainly working on Divination, Mining/Smithing, Woodcutting and Archeology. Its certainly nice for while I'm work (who actually works at work?). I'm stuck at work all day tomorrow with only a fraction of machines running means ill be hitting mobile hard. Only downside is obviously communication isn't the easiest. Most of the time I forget to switch over to CC. I haven't tinkered much with combat on mobile yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:53 PM, FatalScroll said:

. . .I haven't tinkered much with combat on mobile yet.

I find, the small lower action bar is the automated bar. The big circles are your manual bar. 

I'd set up the auto action bar with adrenaline filling moves and use your manual one for dropping special attacks, add the eat food button on, protect prayers and surge. You'll be set. Only open inventory in battle for ring switches and complicated maneuvers