Guest question

Cloud SJV

Hello all Cloud here.

I'm an old veteran of "The" clan, though I had not been active on them for years. I've no clue if anyone remembers me at all, I played actively over 10 years ago. Orange Ownage, boy I miss those days. Anywho I was considering getting back into runescape though I'm super lost with all the updates because it been so long. I know almost nothing about Runescape 3, I dabbled a bit when the Grand Exchange was introduced but not much so I've got no idea really how to get back into the game or what to do. I was hoping to join back with someone in the Alliance since it looks like "The" is no more, but I see you are membership players only. I don't understand the game yet to jump right into members again but was hoping to maybe get some feedback or help. I'm currently 125cmb on f2p and I believe I am 134 on p2p, though I'm still a f2p player atm.

Hey Cloud! You won't be the first old orange to hang out with us on return. You are always welcome to guest in our clan chat "The Gladiatorz" when you are playing, and if you decide to get members you are of course welcome to join. Warring is long gone from Runescape. These days we are community first, pvm & social events second, death by karaoke third. 

Hah, yea warring was the best gaming experience I've ever had, and I'm a huge gamer nowadays. Just nothing came close to getting 100+ players together and going all out in the Wilderness. Man I wish I had recorded videos of then, though I do have a couple of old Screenshots I've saved but only of my lvl Skilling and gratz parties. I dream about those days man it was probably the best experience in gaming for me. I'll always be a true "The" member at heart even if I end up joining another clan and they are long gone.

Yeah, the exhilaration of battle and teamwork was hard to beat. Unfortunately, the mechanics of the modern game make large scale PvP untenable for the masses. For high level PvM'ers it is far more enjoyable now, however! Anyways, people in clan chat are usually pretty helpful. The Runescape wiki will be your best friend as you relearn the game, and honestly indefinitely as a knowledge repository. A day rarely goes by that I don't check it. 

:orange:

There's a lot to learn, just don't get overwhelmed by it. I still have wiki open a lot of the time and I started playing again like 5 years ago :dunno:

What do you think the best goal would be to do? Randomly explore new areas/things, try some Skilling, or work on some quests. I noticed theres a new achievement thing with path tracking as well, I wonder if I should just follow that to relearn some stuff.

Hah I also came back to the game thinking I was rich with my potions. Wish I had an old Santa hat or something. Best I've got was thousands of super str and atk potions worth about 150m, a lot more than they used to cost at least :^)

Edited by Ccloudff7
10 hours ago, Bleedblack said:

:orange:There's a lot to learn, just don't get overwhelmed by it. I still have wiki open a lot of the time and I started playing again like 5 years ago :dunno:

Oh please. You never really stopped playing. 

2 hours ago, Ccloudff7 said:

What do you think the best goal would be to do? Randomly explore new areas/things, try some Skilling, or work on some quests. I noticed theres a new achievement thing with path tracking as well, I wonder if I should just follow that to relearn some stuff.

Quests (if you enjoy them) could be a fun way to introduce yourself to different areas of the game while unlocking additional content. Some people choose to focus on specific skill goals and to focus on learning just a couple skills at once to keep it management. If you're into daily/weekly task type things, there's a LOT of daily activities you can get into across skills and genres that are alternative ways to train skills without actually doing the base skill.