QBD

Nanaki47

So I'm shooting for the royal crossbow, but the queen black dragon keeps kicking my ass.. I thought I almost had her, but turns out she has 4 health bars?. I've watched a couple videos, but it was all just overpowered people bullying her. Any tips on how you defeated her your first time?

Super antifireis the biggest help to your survivability topped only by knowing how to not get wrecked by the ghost attack (walk behind one of them when they spawn and most of the homing attacks should pwn the ghost you went to). On the off chance that you are camping a dragon fire shield in your off hand don’t do that cause you cut your damage in half basically.

Ahh damn, yeah I was using the fire shield. Do I have to make the super antifire? If that's the case, I'd better start leveling my herblore, shits loooow haha. Will regular antifire not work? I bought a couple but haven't tried em

Regulars don't really do the trick properly, and supers can't even be assisted, so better learn how to make 'em yourself :)

Lvl 85 is needed, but with pulse core boosts you can make them at the earliest at lvl 78, but I'd aim for 80 first anyway. 

Oh I forgot to mention that completing the “songs from the depths” quest grants you damage reduction from incoming damage at qbd 

Yeah I've been putting off herblore for too long anyways. I guess I'll push for that and get the quest done before trying her again. Any other range weapon I could use for now at lvl 80, Or do they all have big reqs?

I seem to recall there are enhanced crystal weapons that are tier 80 if you have the quests and such for Prif (they also have a  90 smithing req and need some rare items from drops). The better option is the chaotic crossbow set from "dungeoneering" (aka ed3 lol) According to renowned RS scholar Panic Zanik that's doable in about an hour and a half of miniboss farming.