bug zapper?

Zinker_88

Anyone have any recommendations for a good bug zapper for flies/mosquitos? 

having problems in the yard smh... 

have you tried the candles? yes, for outdoors. it would be in the camping section of like walmart. might be worth a shot if you cant find an actual bug lamp lol

6 hours ago, zinker said:

Anyone have any recommendations for a good bug zapper for flies/mosquitos? 

having problems in the yard smh... 

Do you have an area with some water pooling?

A bucket or some other sort of thing that they might breed within?

36 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

Do you have an area with some water pooling?

A bucket or some other sort of thing that they might breed within?

ya my back yard gets standing water when srpinklers run

especially in the alley. 

We already have fly traps but just seem to not do enough. 

We always used citronella tiki torches because they didn't look awful, but we never had any standing water so I'm not sure if they would be as effective. Also if you're in a really dry state like I am now (thanks drought) you can't use them because of burn bans to prevent wildfires. 

We also used bottled vanilla (not perfume) spray because it smells better than bug spray and does the same job. 

I never liked zappers just cause the sound made me cringe ?

Edited by Kate

If you constantly have standing water, I don't know how much you can do besides going full on toxic pesticides like Hess said. 

The entire life cycle, from an egg to an adult, takes approximately 8-10 days. Pupae develop into adult flying mosquitoes in 2-3 days. Female mosquitoes lay eggs inside containers holding water.

Consider not watering if it results in standing water. In the mean time, use all the citronella candles and cover yourselves head to toe in Deet. :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...

I live on a pond, and there are a few temporary solutions...  Citronella candles, screenhouse enclosure, chemicals/deet...  But if you're relaxing outside, the best thing I can suggest is a nice industrial fan  or two blowing at you.  You'll never truly get rid of mosquitos; you can diminish their population, but they will always come from a different surrounding source.   Fans will make it so they make it hard to land on and around you :P