The Ideal Way To Level My Combat?

The Camshaft

Hey guys, a lot of the events are combat focused and I'd like to level my stats up to be more competitive. Id like to take part in more events without being a complete leech and having the stopping power of a limp piece of rigatoni. 

Right now my combat stats are in the low 80s. I've been doing Slayer to also level that but it's a hell of a grind. A few people have told me running EDs you can max in a couple of hours. At the moment when I run those dungeons my kill count's about as high as yours was in college. I can get a couple levels, but it really doesn't seem quite as effective as everyone claims. I think that's because I need to get up a little further first, and then some half-decent gear.

Recommendations for gear to work towards? Right now I bought a set of Armadyl as until I get up there. Running range and hanging back some is probably the safe way to go about it for awhile. So let's stick with range for now. Any recommendations are appreciated. 

Edited by Vaelxon
2 hours ago, Vaelxon said:

Recommendations for gear to work towards? Right now I bought a set of Armadyl as until I get up there. Running range and hanging back some is probably the safe way to go about it for awhile. So let's stick with range for now. Any recommendations are appreciated. 

What is your weapon?

Ed3 trash runs are some of the fastest combat xp per hour, but that is assuming your weapon hits the mobs. Having at least a t80 weapon would allow for some decent xp through trash running ed3 (trash runs are running the first 1/3rd of ed3 over and over, generally with a trio - its okay cash too).

My ironman account gets 1mil+ xp an hour running trash runs with t80 magic and melee. Range is a little less good at aoe (do you have corruption shot?) so it may be a tad less xp/h but it should still be pretty good.

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

What is your weapon?

Ed3 trash runs are some of the fastest combat xp per hour, but that is assuming your weapon hits the mobs. Having at least a t80 weapon would allow for some decent xp through trash running ed3 (trash runs are running the first 1/3rd of ed3 over and over, generally with a trio - its okay cash too).

My ironman account gets 1mil+ xp an hour running trash runs with t80 magic and melee. Range is a little less good at aoe (do you have corruption shot?) so it may be a tad less xp/h but it should still be pretty good.

You're fine with a T60 Guthix Staff, trust :trollface:

9 minutes ago, Wolf Eyes said:

You're fine with a T60 Guthix Staff, trust :trollface:

True!

Ed3 is best if you have a tank/a group. Running it solo will use a lot of food and you'll not be able to make it as far consistently until you are doing more dps and able to tank more. 

Solid. Thanks for the great feedback guys. I have T80 range weapon so it's alright. My thought was range as I can run it with others and survive and hopefully work my way into being less of a leech and more of a contributor. My primary layout is melee. Up in the insane melee mess in my game and I want to work up to that. Right now im a little too squishy. I'll work on building that up! Anyone have recommendations for decent useful T85 approx range and/or melee setups?

14 hours ago, Vaelxon said:

Solid. Thanks for the great feedback guys. I have T80 range weapon so it's alright. My thought was range as I can run it with others and survive and hopefully work my way into being less of a leech and more of a contributor. My primary layout is melee. Up in the insane melee mess in my game and I want to work up to that. Right now im a little too squishy. I'll work on building that up! Anyone have recommendations for decent useful T85 approx range and/or melee setups?

If you're just running ed3 for range you should use mech chins if you're able to. They are amazing for aoe and will make a huge difference there. 

On 6/15/2021 at 7:15 PM, Vaelxon said:

Anyone have recommendations for decent useful T85 approx range and/or melee setups?

T70 power armor from gwd1 can carry you through a lot of low-mid level content, including ed3 trash runs. A dragon rider lance would be really helpful for that, albeit a 45m investment. If you can’t afford that yet, I’d suggest a crystal halberd assuming you have the quests done. Let me know if you need a tank, I’d be happy to help!

As far as a range weapon, you want the best crossbows you can get your hands on. The royal crossbow is a very cheap t80 and can get you started. After that I think you go to the wyvern crossbow at t85, but it’s roughly 100m if I remember correctly. I personally used shadow glaives for awhile and they work just fine!

Pretty much what everyone else said. Go ed with a higher level or continue slayer to have good money activities consistently

8 hours ago, GNT Patrick said:

Just kill vyres. 6m gp/hour, super afk, tons of exp all around.... I probably have at least 100 hours at vyres.

Love vyres :D

• 3 weeks later...