Elder Godwars Discussion!

Deathcon

Imagine fighting Zaros 1v1 as final boss and in a couple years they release a newer, more powerful boss that drops higher tier items but turns out to be some shit like a scorpion or a snake or something that's somehow stronger than a god. 

Like a giant spider was stronger than the generals of gods who fought during the god wars. 

Exciting stuff. Maybe people don't want another enrage type boss, but it sure seems like it makes the boss relavent for longer and more exciting. That or a Mazcab style raid with roles.

I probably just mentioned what I want to see.

I'll take as many bosses as I can get.

On 7/12/2021 at 3:37 AM, KrewZero said:

they should have put the quest as req , not just the 92 slayer and 90 con .

Probably going to end up being a soft req for most people. I imagine people will want the shard of zaros/ring.

24 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Probably going to end up being a soft req for most people. I imagine people will want the shard of zaros/ring.

They'd really need to give the Shard of Erebus a tangible benefit.

Shard of Zaros - Non agression in GWD; okay thats good prior to unlocking skipping KC with totem i suppose, irrelevant now though.

Shard of Mah - Non agression (okay with the "fix" to mobs not fighting in huge groups anymore its irelevant + increases KC multiplier to 400% in GWD2....yeah thats kinda useless seeing as kc stops at 200 anyway.

Shard of Erebus - Non agression can likely be assumed...maybe protection against the "Darkness" (?) Still think that is somewhat lackluster.

Spoiler

t85 Mage gloves affecting combust/Dbreath

Jas godbook

Greater Conc blast codex

*****t95****** Staff of armadyl  -- YES the elder artefact

Fractured pieces (multiple drops like spider legs?)

Slayer/Con killing dragonkin and siege weapons can drop technology that can upgrade your cannon/oldak coil/kenetic cyclone to make it do more damage.

Normal/Hard mode 4 phase fight

That's a lot of rewards from the first front, what the hell are the other three going to have? lol. Similar stuff for each style?

Also they lied again, they introduced a new tier of weapon... they explicitly said they weren't doing this (like they said AOD wouldnt have weapons).

Can't trust jagex on anything they say until it's out really.

On 7/4/2021 at 10:48 AM, Kris_Kronkle said:

Inb4 if there is a best in slot cape it won’t have max perks so you have to choose between sign or whatever the new cape does

what makes you say this? the kiln capes can use perks?

Staff is 3 parts:

It will be dyeable too, per the comment chain here:

4 minutes ago, Will Tri said:

what makes you say this? the kiln capes can use perks?

yeah this is reality atm, your max/comp cape perks are active while using items that don't have perks, in cape slot

2mKnEA0.png

like this

1 hour ago, Sir Berry said:

The switchscape thing just seems to get worse. I thought they going to try and reduce that.

Mages gotta bring the glove switch for firebreath/combust, lol. Then back to cinders where applicable.

1 minute ago, AmusedDragon said:

Mages gotta bring the glove switch for firebreath/combust, lol. Then back to cinders where applicable.

Let me just click on my dragon rider amulet and new gloves before I dbreath.

58 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

probably gonna bring drider neck too at that point. at least at places like aod and vorago there is no glove switching needed

curious how combust will be affected by the gloves and exanguinate. lunging inquisitor confirmed useful?

So - make your predictions - what will the new staff's special attack do? What will it be called?

pessimistic prediction- 6 wracks for 60 adren

what i want- can use dual wield and staff abilities and has a non channeled version of the arma bstaff spec

realistic- gstaff spec with 3 affinity

spec name- Armadyl's fury/tempest