Elder Godwars Discussion!

Deathcon

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

So - make your predictions - what will the new staff's special attack do? What will it be called?

Not that i expect jagex to follow lore with the staff vs just giving mage a good buff akin to something like a mini ult

BUT

"The staff also grants the wielder the ability to comprehend and manipulate the relationships between the nature of things."

https://runescape.wiki/w/Staff_of_Armadyl

Interested to see what they say Thurs with the new gloves/greater conc and this staves spec.

1 hour ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

pessimistic prediction- 6 wracks for 60 adren

what i want- can use dual wield and staff abilities and has a non channeled version of the arma bstaff spec

realistic- gstaff spec with 3 affinity

spec name- Armadyl's fury/tempest

Bro I had the same thought about the spec but I thought it was dumb ? it’s gonna be some sort of wind attack for sure 

1 hour ago, Rain said:

mini ult needs to go to my sos!!!!

p sure sos is dead man, which is fine. It's time to move forward.

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

although, they did confirm they will be adjusting a bunch of the spec weapons in the future, so it may be kinda useful someday.

2 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

its odd to me that inq>SoA>Sos though

They will probably buff/change Sos/ABS specs

4 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

its odd to me that inq>SoA>Sos though

They will probably buff/change Sos/ABS specs

Yeah they said they’d be looking at weapon special attacks a bit back and had sos as high(er) priority. SOA will be more accurate than inquis which could make a difference at rago but likely just gonna be eof fodder or a switch

Maybe on of the other new bosses will drop items that augment spec attacks?

I'm seriously kinda blown away at the # of new things they are releasing with just this first front - I can't imagine they'll have the same amount of stuff for each style. That's just so much new stuff.

i had my doubts when jagex said they were splitting it into 4 parts considering what gwd1 and 2 look like but each front seems to be releasing as much content as like the entirety of gwd1 in terms of rewards. ironically now it almost feels overwhelming all the reward space we are seeing 

1 hour ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

ironically now it almost feels overwhelming all the reward space we are seeing 

Partly why they might want to split it up

4 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

Partly why they might want to split it up

I just find it really unlikely that we are gonna get like 3 more godbooks (wtf will they even do?) and like 2-3 new gloves with effects... and 3 more t95 weapons.

That's insane, how did they not run outta ideas?

7 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I just find it really unlikely that we are gonna get like 3 more godbooks (wtf will they even do?)

I find it beyond hilarious they want to add more obscure godbooks and presumably with pages when we have the solak and grim page problem "fix" that didnt even fix it.

8 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

and 3 more t95 weapons.

A ton of speculation going on that since the Staff of Armadyl is "The Siphon" Elder artefact that the other fronts will reward others.

T95 2h(?) - https://runescape.wiki/w/The_Hammer

https://runescape.wiki/w/Elder_artefacts

We're in possession of a fragment of the needle and the skilling offhand is part of the stone of jas, so that is something.

spoilers below

Spoiler

Greater Concentrated Blast

Blast the target with beams of concentrated energy.

• 70%-290% total ability damage over 1.8s in 3 hits (up from 48%-246% over 2.4s)
      • For every hit channelled, gain 5% critical strike chance on your next ability

T95 staff of Armadyl

Special Attack: Instability - Launch an unstable blast at your target for 50-200% weapon damage. Each time you land a critical strike against your opponent in the next 30 seconds, your staff will fire an extra spell.

Kerapac's Wrist Wraps

This set of Tier 85 Magic Gloves enhances the Combust ability.

Wear these gloves and, for six seconds after using the Dragonbreath ability, the Combust ability will deal 25% more damage - and deal it instantly.

Scripture of Jas

The Elder God Wars Dungeon will introduce brand-new God Books based on each of the Elder Gods. These God Books offer improved stats over Illuminated God Books, and each come with a unique effect. In the Nodon Front, the book is the Scripture of Jas, which offers:

• +5 Prayer bonus
      • +8 to all styles
      • Special Ability - Time Rift: For 10 seconds, all damage from abilities is added up, then 20% of damage is fired off against your current target!

The Book itself can only be acquired as a drop from Kerapac, but Pages can be dropped by any enemies on the Nodon Front.
*Note: Elder God Books cannot be illuminated.

Other Rewards

While these are the main rewards available with the Nodon Front, there are a few more secrets to be discovered. Let's just say that it may be worth packing your Pontifex Shadow Ring...

Free Death Week

For each front we release, you can benefit from free death reclaims and free Ring of Death charges when engaging in combat activities.

4 hours ago, Deathcon said:

T95 staff of Armadyl

Special Attack: Instability - Launch an unstable blast at your target for 50-200% weapon damage. Each time you land a critical strike against your opponent in the next 30 seconds, your staff will fire an extra spell.

Is the extra spell THE SAME as the 50-200% hit or is it just an auto attack/some other form of damage?

If it is the former, that might actually be broken.

13 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Is the extra spell THE SAME as the 50-200% hit or is it just an auto attack/some other form of damage?

If it is the former, that might actually be broken.

I actually kinda hope its auto attacks. Not because itd be worse but i think it would be cool due to the interaction possibilities.

If its autos:

Ancient spells secondary effects activate 100% of the time (blood spell healing)

Invigorating perk gives extra adrenaline on each proc.

It doesnt specifically say ability crits and we dont know if it can proc off itself.

SoA fires an auto that crits->fires another auto

frost surge from incite fear max stacks can crit too so you get 2 extra chances for a crit per spec if camping incite but personally im probably gonna camp exanguinate

17 minutes ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

frost surge from incite fear max stacks can crit too so you get 2 extra chances for a crit per spec if camping incite but personally im probably gonna camp exanguinate

Toggle back and fourth, also can probably crit per target (assuming more than 1 mob) so thats extra adren and autos (also maybe more adren)

Just as you need a praetorian staff for inquisitor staff itd be interesting if SoA requires the prototype godstaff.