PVM Question

GNT Patrick

Alright guys,

Maybe this is obvious to everyone BUT me, but here is my question: How do you know what gear/pocket items are worth using during what content. For example, when is it useful to use pages for god books, vs it not being worth it. Or other pocket items. I know armor is different since its not that expensive to repair, but lets take Serenic vs pernix. Cinderbanes or anything else (talking repair cost vs content money per hour not poisonable or not)

Is there a page for this? Or a chart?

Worth is subjective. People who just want fast kills and don't care about money will camp a grim whilst those we want to still gain damage but at a lesser cost will use damage enhancing godbooks or scrimshaws. (never use accuracy scrimshaws, btw).

It really just depends on what you are doing and how much you value your experience in the kill vs money used.

This page appears to contain a cost/hr usage: https://runescape.wiki/w/Calculator:Combat/Combat_pocket_slot_items

Though obviously it uses GE prices to determine this, which may not be 100% accurate to real prices when purchasing.

1 hour ago, GNT Patrick said:

Or other pocket items. I know armor is different since its not that expensive to repair, but lets take Serenic vs pernix. Cinderbanes or anything else (talking repair cost vs content money per hour not poisonable or not)

I'm not sure where you are going with this? Are you asking if you should be using cinders or not? Sirenic vs Pernix?

No just in general how to tell if Your gear cost outweighs your profit per hour. I'll use the pocket calculator here, but just total in general

There are a lot of things that aren't good too profit/hr. As Amused said, people value different things. Some people are fine using expensive stuff to have smoother or faster kills and maybe that helps them be on better teams or get logs faster or something. In isolation, though, many things might not be profitable. If you feel that way, you can adjust.

Veggie is a great friend to have if want opinions on what is bad profit/hr. The man got me hooked on elite ranger boots and cheap gloves xd