Returning Player Questions

Benoit Blanc

Benoit Blanc

Hey :) 

I have recently jumped back into playing RS and am sometimes a little at a loss for what to do. I love the game but don't really know what the best use of my time is. I like social events and pvm, so basically I am just asking for recommendations. 

https://www.runeclan.com/user/llroh <- His stats for anyone interested

Definitely start Anachronia! Building the base camp takes a little bit as you are collecting supplies so it's good to get that started.

Invention & Archaeology are where I focused when I came back, of course with invention you can train anything that you can use augmented items.

Check out the beach event as well if you haven't already.

For the social aspects we have a Games Night coming up on Saturday if  you're available! And of course hop on Discord whenever you're on :)

Mrs. D hosts a lot of learner PvM events as well which would be a great opportunity to be social while PvMing!

Edited by Windynights

Start Player owned Farms + anachronia basecamp

Do some of the more recent quests for unlocks/ task sets

invention and arch are also good afk things to train as others have pointed out.

The reality is that doing lots of quest and skilling up to 90+ opens the game up a lot.

Prif is a great goal. There are great quest to do if you want to be proficient at Pvm.

i was in your shoes not so long ago and this is what i did. Like you, i enjoy pvming and socializing so when i started looking up things i realized its like a chain and before i knew it i was back on the ball. 

For pvming, you will start researching and realize there is alot of basic things that will help you before you even start. Train you summoning if not up there, invention and archeology make a huge difference. Complete quest like prif  and curses.  Before you know it one thing will lead to the other and you will always have something to do. What i also did was every once in a while i would go pvm and try on different bosses, go better my skills and come back to pvming and slowly appreciated the difference.  

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, llroh said:

What would you say is the best thing to do with Anachronia? 

1 ) Base camp activity: Player logde, slayer lodge, hunter lodge. But to build these and upgrade them you need a lot more buildings with their respective upgrades.

2 ) Player owned farm 2 (Ranch out of time) is great for training farming.

3 ) Anachronia totems

4 ) Highest lvl slayer master

5 ) Big game hunter for training hunter +for dragon mattock & maul pieces

6 ) Different archaeology dig sites

7 ) Agility course which rewards you with movement codices

8 ) Rex matriarchs (newish bosses)

9 ) Herby werby (weekly activity)

10 ) Dinosaurs for slayer training

11 ) Different jadinkos for hunter training

12 ) Effigy incubator (monthly activity)

13 ) Ancient zygomites which you need to find 

14 ) Butterflies around the island for hunter exp

15 ) Raksha (newish boss)

That's how I'd quickly summarize my preferences. I only left Raksha as last because it's beyond my skill lvl. Many others could propably raise it very high on the list.

Anachronia also has some miniquests/quests happening on the island.

Edited by X5-452